National Health Corps (NHC) is a national AmeriCorps program focused on providing health access and education to address health disparities in communities in Chicago, Delaware, Florida, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco. The Program Coordinator will co-develop and implement the program’s marketing and social media strategy and fundraising initiatives. The position will also assist with the administrative oversight of sub-grantee program operations of the NHC to help ensure program compliance and quality.
Responsibilities/Duties Administrative Tasks (50%)
● Compliance monitoring, reporting, and provision of technical assistance to address compliance concerns
● Reviewing, processing, and tracking invoices
● Scheduling and staffing NHC meetings
● Developing, implementing, and maintaining a streamlined program document organization/management system
● Formatting/proofreading documents created by NHC staff (e.g. Member Handbook), and developing select documents/guides at the request of the NHC Director or Manager
● Assisting with development of tools for tracking NHC data
● Taking minutes for select program meetings
● Participating in program meetings
● Assisting in other administrative tasks as needed and assigned
● Co-developing and implementing program marketing and social media strategy
● Maintaining social media presence on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn through posting, engaging with followers and partner/potential partner organizations, and monitoring sub-grantee posts
● Updating and maintaining the NHC website
● Creating and distributing print/electronic marketing materials (e.g. flyers, brochures) and reviewing sub-grantee marketing materials
● Creating tools to support sub-grantees in implementing the program’s marketing and social media efforts
● Co-facilitating program meetings related to marketing and communications
● Co-developing and implementing the annual NHC alumni fundraising campaign
● Creating an active database through the Foundation Grant platform and consistently researching grant opportunities
● Participating in program grant development and planning meetings
Strategic Planning Tasks
● Providing general assistance to NHC staff with implementation of the NHC Strategic Plan when requested
● Participating in all staff meetings related to the program’s strategic plan
High school diploma or GED required.
● Very strong computer skills, including knowledge and strong ability to use Google and Microsoft products, including Excel and Google Sheets
● Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Knowledge and skills using, posting, and interacting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
● Knowledge and skills using and interacting on fundraising/crowdfunding campaign platforms (e.g. GoFundMe)
● Knowledge and skills using scheduling platforms (e.g. Doodle)
● Knowledge and skills conducting internet and database research
● Knowledge and skills using graphic design programs (e.g. Canva) to create social media postings and other marketing materials
Characteristics of an Ideal Candidate:
● Multi-tasker; able to prioritize appropriately
● Positive attitude
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Strong critical thinking skills
● Ability to handle confidential information
● Open to learning and growth
● Can manage time independently
● Commitment to and passion for addressing health disparities, equity, and anti-racism efforts
Supervision and Review:
The supervisor assigns work, advises on changes in procedures, and is available for assistance when
required. The work is reviewed for accuracy through spot checks, through concerns raised by
stakeholders, and through observation of the employee at work.
Guidelines for Performing the Work:
Written or oral guides will offer specific instructions for completing most tasks. The employee may be required to independently make adaptations in dealing with problems and unusual situations.
Complexity of the Work:
For some tasks, the facts or conditions of the work are clear cut, predictable, and apply directly to the assignment. For others, the employee must develop new techniques, methods, or approaches to complete work assignments.
Purpose and Impact of Work Assignments:
The employee’s work product or service affects the accuracy, reliability, or acceptability of the overall program’s work product.
Nature of Contacts (contacts outside the supervisory chain that are essential for successful performance of the work):
● Community Groups
Purpose of Contacts: To give or exchange information and help assure program quality.
Standard office setting with extended periods at work station and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Part time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule
options available with supervisor approval.
Travel: This position does not require travel.
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to lift and move up to 15 pounds.
A criminal history check is required. Applicants with criminal backgrounds are welcome to apply. Applicants will not be eligible for consideration if they have convictions of homicide (any degree), offenses that require registration on a sexual offender registry, and/or identity theft or related offenses.
Applicants with other backgrounds may be considered.
Salary and Benefits:
Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
● Medical with vision benefits
● Dental insurance
● Flexible spending accounts
● Life, AD&D and long term care insurance
● Short- and long-term disability insurance
● 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
● Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
● Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
National Health Corps (NHC) is a national AmeriCorps program focused on providing health access and education to address health disparities in communities in Chicago, Delaware, Florida, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and…
To apply please use the following link.
URL for this job