Details: Compensation: $40-$42 instructional/$15 administrative
2090 Seventh Avenue
HEAF changes the lives of underserved young people beginning in middle school and continuing in college and beyond through a youth development approach that includes rigorous year-round academic enrichment, social and cultural exposure and constant individual attention.
Orientation: September 7th-8th, 2018
Fall Semester : September 22nd – December 15th , 2018
Class is held on Saturdays from 1:00-2:30 PM. Instructor is required to be at HEAF 12:30-3:00 PM for 30 minutes prep and clean up after class.
Hip Hop Dance Course Description
The instructor for this movement class will develop and implement a curriculum that will introduce the students to modern hip hop dance forms as well as their related cultures. The instructor should be well versed in hip hop dance theory and be able to engage middle school students and lead them to an understanding of the dance form’s history, culture and mechanics. This fall semester course will culminate in a final group presentation that will demonstrate student mastery in all areas of course matter. The ideal candidate will be able to utilize progressive didactic, coaching and experiential instruction models. The ability to create a fun, safe and rich learning environment is essential.
● B.A. in Dance, Performing Arts, or related field
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience with hip hop dance, with direct teaching experience strongly preferred
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Impeccable classroom management skills
● Willingness to promote HEAF educational and youth development philosophy
● Ability to work collaboratively with the HEAF staff
● Ability and willingness to commit to entire fall semester
Minimum Education Required