Details: This position can be full-time or part-time. Compensation commensurate with hours and experience.
Location: Florida-based, preferably Orlando or Miami, with the ability to travel in-state
Reports to: Board Chair of Hopewell Fund
Hours per week (average): TBD (40-20)
Overtime Status: Exempt, Temporary, part-time or full-time
The Love Vote is a platform for the 50 million Americans who can’t vote (due to youth, citizenship, or disenfranchisement). We share our stories and move others to vote on our behalf. Our aim is to increase voter turnout in our communities with love.
The Florida Outreach Coordinator will expand and deepen our reach in the state. The role involves building relationships with Floridians who can’t vote, sharing their stories with eligible voters, and collaborating with local partner organizations to increase collective impact leading up to the midterms.
Florida-based, preferably Orlando or Miami, with the ability to travel in-state. Full-time or part-time (preferably full-time). From early/mid-September - November 13th, with the possibility of renewed collaboration.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Connect with “Movers” – people who can’t vote & want to share their stories to move others
- Record simple, short cell-phone videos with various Movers each week
- Connect with and train volunteers & organizers to record videos of themselves and/or others
- Maintain relationships with Movers and help them reach their goals
- Follow up with “Love Voters” (people who promise to vote on a Mover’s behalf)
- Collaborate with partner organizations on local events and actions
- Represent The Love Vote in media and public events
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Deep experience and relationships in Florida
- Personal connections with teens, returning citizens, and/or immigrants who can’t vote
- Strong ability to listen, learn from, empathize, engage and connect with people
- Some experience with recording videos, including simple cell phone videos
- Strong work ethic, follow through, and integrity
- Grassroots organizing experience preferred
- Personal alignment with The Love Vote’s mission
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required. Additional fluency in Spanish preferred. Additional fluency in any other language (please specify) a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in joining The Love Vote team! Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the letter, please answer these questions: How does the mission of The Love Vote align with your values and experience? How are you connected with communities of Floridians who can’t vote? How do you feel you could expand and deepen The Love Vote’s reach in Florida? Optionally, you can share links to any video/s you’ve made (including simple cell phone videos) and to any of your public social media profiles.
Hopewell Incubation Fund, The Love Vote is a project of Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Hopewell Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.