Archtober Program Coordinator
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 1857, and with a current base of more than 5,500 members, the American Institute of Architects New York is the largest, oldest, and most influential chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
AIA New York is dedicated to three goals: design excellence, public outreach, and professional development. The organization achieves these goals in part through the work of its 27 program committees. Through discussion, advocacy, policy making and development, event and exhibition planning, and other endeavors, the program committees are the foundation from which the Chapter positions itself in the field of architecture.
In 2003, AIA New York opened a public resource space with its charitable affiliate, the Center for Architecture. The Center for Architecture (CFA) is New York City’s premier public space for exhibitions, discussion, and professional exchange on architecture, design, and the built environment. With multiple galleries, a lecture hall, and conference rooms, the CFA serves as a vital place where the public and design professionals come together.
Archtober presents special tours, lectures, films and exhibitions that focus on the importance of architecture and design in everyday life. Organized by the Center for Architecture in collaboration with over 60 partnering organizations across the city, the festival raises awareness of the important role of design in our city and the richness of New York’s built environment.
The Archtober Coordinator of the Archtober Design Festival works closely with all 60+ partner organizations around the city. Reports to the Lead Archtober Manager and the Communications Director.
- Provide administrative support to Lead Archtober Manager.
- Serve as primary point of contact to all 60+ partner organizations.
- Manage the Archtober email account and field inquiries.
- Update and maintain the Archtober website, including uploading all CFA events, partner events, sponsors, exhibitions, etc.
- Manage and execute the Building of the Day program, including research and logistics for 29 Building of the Day tours, setting up and tracking the ticketing system on Salesforce, and being available to represent the CFA at Building of the Day tours.
- Manage the Archtober partner submitted social media materials and coordinate the execution across all platforms in collaboration with the Director of Digital.
- Assist in editing all print deliverables – Archtober Guide, Archtober Postcards – and all website content.
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated interest in architecture and design
- Experience with MS products, including Outlook
- Experience with Adobe products preferred but not required
- Knowledge of fundraising software (Salesforce) preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Upbeat, outgoing, motivated self-starter
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put the job title and your last name in the subject line of the email; include the cover letter in the body of the email; and attach a PDF file of your resume.
Applicants that do not follow these instructions will not be considered. No phone calls, please.