Details: The base salary is listed and increases with experience and education.
999 Jamaica Avenue
The Urban Assembly School for Collaborative Healthcare is a small public high school located in the Franklin K. Lane campus. We are looking to hire a community associate for the 2018-19 school year. The position entails a wide-variety of outreach efforts including working with families, community-based organizations and the healthcare industry.
Reports to: Principal
- Maintain positive relationships with the entire school community, including students, parents, community partners and faculty.
- Maintain computer-based record-keeping systems with school-based information
- Coordinate regular community based meetings and events.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with community based organizations relevant to the school's mission.
- Assist with written and telephone communication with parents, partners and the community.
- Assists staff and students in building relationships with external partners, including those connected to the school.
- Participates in meetings relation to school events and identify goals and next steps.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior work experience in a school setting and interactions with students, parents and school staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and the Google Suite
- Attention to detail
- Possess a strong work ethic
This position is a member of the DC-37 Union and receives healthcare, vision and dental benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidates must possess strong reading, writing and speaking skills in English. Second languages such as Spanish or Bengali would be beneficial.
Minimum Education Required