Details: Commensurate with experience
Why Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation: Does your work change lives? Does your work bring hope to the people you serve every day? If you join the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation staff team it will!
The Foundation is a dynamic organization serving more than 1.6 million patients through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. Every team member EMPOWERS patients and their families to make informed decisions about their own healthcare, INSPIRES by helping them tell their stories and CONNECTS the community so no one ever has to feel alone in their IBD journey.
How you can help us change lives: POSITION SUMMARY: The Las Vegas office of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is seeking a highly organized and motivated Development Assistant to join the team. This position is part time, 15 hours a week based in the Foundation’s Las Vegas office. The position provides administrative support to the Community Director, including support of the office’s Take Steps walk and special events as assigned. You'll be guided by senior development professionals, while helping to accomplish our critical mission agenda.
Together we’ll reach the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform general clerical functions including filing, copying, answering phones, processing mail and greeting visitors.
- Maintain office supplies and office equipment.
- Maintain office financial needs, including gift processing and receipting, accounts payable, monthly financial close outs and financial reconciliation of programs as needed.
- Coordinate, prepare and send office e-newsletter and key communications for events
- Manage database and data integrity including constituent updates and report pulls.
- Support board and committee activities by coordinating meetings, meal and location logistics, meeting packets/materials as identified by the Community Director.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for assigned special events, programs and activities. Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources. Provide guidance and recognition to assigned volunteers.
- Coordinate the development of materials related to assigned special events, programs and activities including identifying and managing vendors.
- Maintain accurate and complete records each assigned special event, program and activity as defined by the Community Director.
- Keep abreast of National Headquarters activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of Foundation facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one to two years in not-for-profit fundraising or administrative role.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Ideal candidate has experience working with online constituent management tools such as Luminate Online or Blackbaud products, as well as experience managing social media platforms.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, have the ability to prioritize work flow and meet deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.
Minimum Education Required