Position Summary: The Manager of Administration is responsible for Visit Alexandria’s smooth office operations. This entails coordinating with internal staff (14) and external vendors (payroll provider, 401K administrator, I.T. firm, accountant, landlord) to ensure that staff have the resources and office environment to maximize their quality of work life and productivity.
Visit Alexandria promotes Alexandria, Virginia as a premier destination for tourism and meetings. Named a Top 3 Best Small City in 2021 by the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, Alexandria hums with a cosmopolitan feel and a walkable lifestyle—a welcoming weekend escape next to our nation’s capital. A nationally designated historic district founded in 1749, Old Town Alexandria is home to more than 200 independent restaurants and boutiques alongside intimate historic museums and new happenings at the waterfront. At the heart of it all is our emerging waterfront and bustling King Street, a walkable mile recognized as one of the “Great Streets” of America. New restaurants tucked into 18th- and 19th-century architecture still intact from the city’s days as George Washington’s hometown ignite historic and off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods as the waterfront district evolves with new energy.
The Manager of Administration is a newly created position, because Visit Alexandria values our team and the professional management of the environment that supports them. Until now these functions have been managed as adjunct responsibilities of other existing staff. We have grown to the point where we believe this function needs a dedicated, professional focus. The scope of responsibility will adjust with the experience and capacity of the candidate. The successful candidate will impact our organization by providing a rock-solid operational foundation that makes our entire team more effective and which supports Visit Alexandria’s core values: creative, collaborative, celebratory and learning-oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage payroll entry and updates through provider’s portal
· Manage employee benefits through key vendors including: medical, dental, retirement, and parking/public transit providers
· Maintain all H.R. documentation associated with employee hiring, promotions, reviews, termination
· Organize and optimize the workspace including filing and storage systems, office equipment and purchasing
· Ensure comfort and efficiency of work environment by working with landlord and building management
· Oversee external I.T. contractor to assure staff are supported and problems are quickly resolved
· Support C.O.O. and part-time bookkeeper with financial processing including: invoices, statements, deposits, company credit cards, and staff expense reimbursements
· Special projects as needed and where capacity exists
· Schedule meetings and manage correspondence records between Visit Alexandria Board of Governors, City officials, and other various City partnerships on behalf of the President & CEO including: draft reports, memos, letters and meeting minutes
· Compile Monthly Report for President & CEO to review and present to Board of Governors including; draft reports submitted by department heads, monthly key performance indicators, financials from bookkeeper
Position Summary: The Manager of Administration is responsible for Visit Alexandria’s smooth office operations. This entails coordinating with internal staff (14) and external vendors (payroll provider, 401K administrator, I.T. firm…
This is a part-time position with schedule flexibility. We aim to accommodate a professional who seeks to balance work with outside responsibilities. The position includes prorated health, dental, and vision benefits; 401(k) match; a transit/parking subsidy; paid holidays and vacation. This opportunity is ideally suited to someone who seeks a valued, engaging role with a part-time schedule. Visit Alexandria has a small and supportive team offering the candidate a sense of ownership and influence from day one. Candidates will find a healthy, friendly office culture that is high energy, creative and positive. The office is state-of-the-art and part of ALX Community, with a post-Covid health design and each employee having private workspace. We are located in Old Town Alexandria, public transit accessible and bike friendly.
This is a part-time position with schedule flexibility. We aim to accommodate a professional who seeks to balance work with outside responsibilities. The position includes…