Details: The salary for this Marketing Manager position is commensurate with experience. SAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
247 West 37th Street
The Marketing Manager will assist in the development and execution of a broad range of marketing initiatives to increase SAY's visibility, constituent engagement & support.
Key job duties:
- Participate in the development of SAY’s Annual Marketing Plan (in accordance with SAY’s Strategic Plan).
- Assist in the execution of SAY’s Annual Marketing Plan, including all institutional and programmatic marketing tactics (supporting SAY, our existing programs & initiatives, and the piloting of new programs/initiatives, as necessary).
- Propose institutional and programmatic marketing tactics, as appropriate.
- Provide significant marketing support for all SAY fundraising events and development efforts.
- Maintain SAY's brand consistency across all marketing & fundraising materials, reflecting established brand messaging, imagery and tone.
- Collaborate with, and support, the VP of Marketing & Development and management team, as necessary.
- Initiate and manage a broad range of marketing projects (including program recruitment, program & performance marketing, development materials, etc.)
- Maintain a strong brand presence across key marketing & development platforms (websites, social media, & more.)
- Create compelling marketing, communications, and development materials/collateral, providing clear and concise direction to SAY’s graphic designer.
- Oversee SAY’s websites, blogs, social media and a broad range of added platforms.
- Create new brand and program content, initiate posts and make related updates, as necessary.
- Assist in the development of PR, partner-focused, & other new business/pitch materials.
- Lead implementation of SAY's advertising plan; propose media outlets, secure advertising estimates, request/review insertion orders, obtain ad specifications, etc.
- Oversee the creation of program and PSA advertising (digital, print, broadcast, out-of-home, etc.)
- Assist in the execution of SAY’s trade plan (including Speech-Language Pathologists, educators, etc.)
- Lead in-office print production, and manage marketing & development campaign mailings, as necessary.
- Develop comprehensive project timelines (including roles & responsibilities).
- Manage external vendors, as appropriate (e.g., photographers, videographers, printers, etc.)
- Maintain SAY's asset library; including photography, raw & edited videos, marketing & development materials, and more.
- Added duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 4-5 years' experience in marketing & communications or development/fundraising. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Results-oriented manager with a proven track record of developing and executing successful campaigns.
- Experience in project planning & management; experience managing marketing budgets a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to distill complex information into clear and concise communication priorities.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills a must.
- Understanding of current trends in digital/social media.
- Proficient in computer software programs.
- Experience with Google Ad Words, Constant Contact, WordPress, BidPal/OneCause, Salesforce/Patron Manager, Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and/or other platforms/software a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, non-profit management or related degree.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; exceptionally self-motivated & self-directed
- Passionate, mission-focused and creative storyteller
- Innovative problem-solver and data-driven decision maker
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal staff, board and other external stakeholders and supporters
- Demonstrates sound judgment and the ability to act assertively and diplomatically
- Excellent time management skills; ability to manage a high volume of projects and deadlines simultaneously, and adapt to changing deliverables & timelines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment
SAY: The Stuttering Association for the Young is a national non-profit organization that empowers, educates, and supports young people who stutter and the world that surrounds them. Through summer camp, speech therapy, and creative expression, SAY builds a community of acceptance where young people who stutter gain confidence and communication skills. Learn more at SAY.org and CampSAY.org.
How We Help:
Over 70 million people stutter on a daily basis, including 5% of all young children. Young people who stutter often face unimaginable fear and cruelty from a world that doesn't understand them. Many children who suffer daily ridicule, teasing & bullying – silence themselves over time to hide their stutter, embarrassment, and shame, and feel incredibly isolated and alone.
Since 2001, SAY has offered comprehensive, innovative programs that address the physical, social, and emotional impact of stuttering, including Camp SAY, Confident Voices After-School & Weekend programs and Speech Therapy. This year alone, SAY will underwrite more than $1,000,000 in programmatic cost so children from families-in-need can attend our programs. To date, no child has been turned away due to a family's inability to pay.
We believe that every young person who stutters has a voice that matters and every voice deserves to be heard.
Health coverage, PTO: Annual Holiday schedule, plus 2-weeks paid vacation & 401K Plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you’re a talented, passionate, and compassionate individual who wants to help young people who stutter discover their own beautiful voices – please send your resume, along with a cover letter and salary requirements to: Search@SAY.org. Please put MARKETING MANAGER in the subject line of your email. Thank you!
The salary for this Marketing & Development Manager position is commensurate with experience. SAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.