Middle School Literacy Intervention or ELA Classroom Teacher
- Job posted by Bronx Community Charter School
Details: BxC is unionized and has a salary scale negotiated between the school and the UFT.
3170 Webster Ave
The literacy intervention supports students in BxC's Humanities classes. The classes are 90 minute blocks of combined ELA and social studies, engaging students in deep social studies content and projects, in strategies for independent reading, and in reading whole-class novels such as The Hate You Give. Support is both push-in and pull-out.
· Work with students whose IEPs mandate SETSS services and students identified by the school as at-risk
· Collaborate with classroom teachers and study assessments to identify the needs of each student
· Learn the curriculum and use it to support student understanding
· Employ a wide variety of curriculum and structures including push-in and pull-out to support students
· Participate in formal individual assessment of students
· Develop and use formative assessments to assess student progress
· Use a variety of data effectively to refine and improve teaching and learning
Medical, dental, life insurance, dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% of salary into a 401K.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to co-directors Martha Andrews and Sasha Wilson at email@example.com.