160 Fifth Avenue
The Simons Foundation is recruiting a Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This newly created position will report to the foundation's President and to the Chief Operating Officer and will work with the DEI Steering Committee and DEI working groups, as well as across the foundation.
The foundation seeks someone with strong diversity, equity and inclusion experience who can bring a project-management approach and a positive mindset to building professional relationships with all levels of the foundation and help to develop, coordinate, monitor and report on DEI activities across the foundation. This person will be energized by a startup of DEI initiatives and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues and influence the developing process. Additionally, this person will exercise patience, working across a complex and decentralized organization; have strong listening, facilitation and communication skills; and successfully engage with stakeholders internally and externally.Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- Work with the DEI steering committee and working groups to develop a DEI plan
- Assist the DEI steering committee, working groups and staff across the organization on building and implementing DEI initiatives
- Help to identify and coordinate DEI activities in a complex and highly decentralized environment, collaborating with staff across the organization involved in diversity and inclusion initiatives, as well as the DEI steering committee and working groups
- Develop the communication flow, information exchange and alignment of various DEI efforts across the foundation
- Work with the communications team to develop effective communication and outreach approaches, and help to identify internal and external engagement opportunities
- Collaborate on setting priorities and building internal support for DEI initiatives
- Work with the steering committee and working groups to develop a basis for measuring effectiveness and impact of DEI initiatives
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's or higher degree in a relevant field is preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Five or more years of experience with diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Five or more years of project management experience
- Experience with the development of DEI communications plans, including key messaging, value propositions, etc.
Required Application Materials
- Proven track record in initiating and successfully managing and leading projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build strong professional relationships across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to balance and prioritize workload under deadlines and multiple commitments
- Excellent writing, communication and facilitation skills
- Comfort working independently as well as part of a team
The Simons Foundation's Diversity Commitment
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/2Vj6N1SLd5JxSrzOuLXAd" />