62 Summer Street
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF)
CLF protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A non-profit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to air and water pollution to the environmental degradation that disproportionately impacts communities of color and those that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders—in legislatures, courthouses, board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings—to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region.
Human Resources Manager (Massachusetts)
CLF seeks a Human Resources (HR) Manager to join our team working to protect New England’s environment for all people. The HR Manager will help to promote a mission-focused advocacy organization that motivates and retains staff. CLF is committed to being one of the best places to work in New England and to the values of equity, inclusion, and justice. We are committed to forming a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. The HR Manager will play a key role in ensuring those values are demonstrated in the hiring, support and guidance of staff and managers.
This position is based in CLF’s Boston office, but works closely with CLF’s offices across New England in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Rhode Island. The HR Manager works collaboratively with the senior leadership team and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
What you’ll do
This position is broad in scope and you must necessarily be flexible and prepared to take on a range of tasks that fall under the HR umbrella. Among those tasks may be the following:
Human Resources Operations and Administration
· Manage the strategic, operational, and administrative planning of human resources policies, procedures, and annual performance reviews, employee relations, and risk management.
· Maintain awareness of current employment and labor laws and recommend and develop policy and/or practice changes to comply with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
· Develop and manage the HR budget.
· Ensure competitive offerings and pricing for employee benefits.
· Design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs.
· Assist employees in professional development and workplace challenges.
· Review and update, as needed, employee handbooks, staff policies, performance review systems, and compensation guidelines to ensure compliance and fairness.
Employee Engagement and Relationship Management
· Oversee all employee-relations matters in the organization.
· Manage a collaborative, service-oriented HR process to deliver efficient, professional, and timely HR support to CLF staff and potential applicants.
· Identify and implement best practices to promote high performance, innovation, mutual respect, and continuous improvement at an organization committed to diversity, inclusiveness, and equity.
· Act as a point of contact to help employees navigate policies and procedures.
· Administer employee disciplinary policies and procedures; administer dispute resolution and mediation processes; conduct and/or support internal investigations; prepare and process responses to grievances and claims; work with legal counsel as needed.
· Serve as an organizational advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
· In collaboration with CLF leadership and staff, help build and maintain a culture that reflects CLF’s core values and aligns with our principles.
· Undertake and oversee special projects, including data collection and analysis, that are responsive to organizational needs, emerging workplace concerns, employee initiatives, and the changing nature of work.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced human resources professional that can work independently and as a productive team member with the following types of qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree and professional HR Certification such as SPHR or SHRM-SCP;
· Significant experience in HR management.
· The ability to bring credibility to the HR function through professional qualifications and leadership skills.
· Highest levels of integrity, discretion, and judgment.
· Facility in working with information technology and HR-related software.
· Creativity, responsiveness, and flexibility in meeting the needs and concerns of a diverse workforce.
· Familiarity with federal, state, and local employment and labor laws and regulations.
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal), presentation, and organization.
· Experience in negotiation, mediation, conflict resolution or related disciplines.
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open, inclusive, accepting, and highly rewarding work environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “CLF Human Resources Manager Massachusetts” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
CLF is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.