10 Malcolm X Blvd
About the position:
BlueHub Capital (formerly known as Boston Community Capital) is seeking an experienced Closing Processor to work in our Dudley Square office as a member of the closing department of BlueHub Sun, the foreclosure prevention initiative which helps individual homeowners, as well as entire neighborhoods and municipalities, avoid the destabilizing effects of foreclosures and vacancy.
Since late 2009, BlueHub SUN has helped 1,000 families avoid foreclosure while reducing their principal balances by about 32%, on average.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Closing Processor will be responsible for collecting documentation and processing files for final underwrite and clear to close, assisting in preparation of loan documents, and assisting with post-closing review. She/he will be a member of the closing department but will work closely with the underwriting and processing team and will be responsible for tasks like the following:
- Processing the files for final underwriting review (back-end processing)
- Preparation of loan documents including Closing Disclosures
- Following-up on recordings/title policies, etc.
- Ensuring the files are closed in compliance with all laws and regulations
- Post-closing the file and handing the loan off to BlueHub SUN’s loan servicer
- Administering and overseeing work on holdback projects
The ideal candidate will have experience in processing, closing or post-closing residential mortgages and should have:
- An ability to multi-task, focus and complete tasks in often compressed time periods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail and a keen eye for compliance
- Familiarity with TRID guidelines and experience with escrow accounts
- Proven customer service skills, patience, and comfort with extensive contact with potential borrowers
- A collaborative approach to all members of the BlueHub SUN team and a willingness to learn all aspects of the BlueHub SUN process
- Demonstrated commitment to social, economic and political justice, consistent with the mission and goals of BlueHub Capital
- Familiarity with Ellie Mae’s Loan Origination System (Encompass) is desirable
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the guidelines of BlueHub Capital’s scale. The position comes with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as generous vacation and employer contributions to a retirement account.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The position is open until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Shannon Weiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist at BostonCommunityCapital-Bstn0842@applications.recruiterbox.com.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, BlueHub Capital cannot return phone calls or inquiries about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
BlueHub Capital is an equal opportunity employer. BlueHub Capital is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.