331 Main Street
Legal Services of the Hudson Valley (LSHV) has an immediate opening in our Poughkeepsie office for a full-time staff attorney who will serve survivors of domestic violence in family court proceedings: including family offenses, custody, visitation, support and related matters.
Duties of the Position: intakes and individual case work, litigation in state courts, including appellate practice, and education and outreach efforts directed at community members, advocates and service providers. The person hired will also be expected to adhere to program and case handling standards, funder requirements, the highest professional standards, and be available as a resource to LSHV staff and access to justice communities.
- Member in good standing of the New York State Bar;
- Three or more years of legal experience, including litigation, or its equivalent;
- Understanding of the nature and dynamics of domestic violence;
- Excellent people skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving low-income persons with prior experience in legal services or similar program;
- English/Spanish bilingual;
- Experience representing clients in family court proceedings.
Benefits: Health, dental, vision. Union scale, with excellent benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at our career center by following this link, and include cover letter, writing sample and three references: