Details: Commensurate with Experience
LOVE146 VISION: The abolition of child trafficking and exploitation. Nothing less.
LOVE146 MISSION: ABOLITION & RESTORATION! We combat child trafficking & exploitation with the unexpected and restore survivors with excellence.
REPORTS TO: Controller
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
TRAVEL: 1-2 Trips Annually
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 11, 2018
OVERVIEW: The Love146 Accounts Receivable & Grants Coordinator administers daily financial logistics for Accounts Receivable, completes assigned tasks with regards to financial operations (including income & general accounting), and ensures all financial policies are being met. This position also assumes responsibility for post award grant accounting, thus ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial reports, audit and orderly closure of projects. This position is based in the Charlotte, NC office and reports to the Controller.
- Perform weekly quality control review for Accounts Receivable, reconciling all online income against the respective accounts.
- Coordinate with the Controller in providing needed reports and backup for annual audit and as needed throughout the year.
- Coordinate with Development department on tracking of designated funds received to line up with designated funds being released.
- Assist reconciling revenue with the Database Administrator.
- Coordinate the preparation of deposits.
Grant Accounting (30%):
- Prepare financial reports in accordance with grant requirements.
- Monitoring and tracking the status of grant(s).
- Prepare invoice/billings and collect funds for the support of grant expenditures.
- Assist in the closing of Love146, Inc. fiscal year end books as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Build and maintain relationships with key state and community-based agencies, independent service providers and program supporters.
- Directly consult with all stakeholders (Program Director, Director of Finance, Bookkeeper, etc.) concerning the sponsored programs and other restricted accounts as they relate to financial administration of grants.
- Staying current on federal requirements and granting agency guidelines and the interpretation of such grants.
- Apply indirect costs quarterly.
- Write, update, train and maintain the Grant Accounting Handbook, which will serve as the policies and procedures manual for all Program Directors over grants/contracts.
- Provide training & workshops to all grant stakeholders on how to more efficiently and effectively manage their respective grants in following board policy, granting agency guidelines, and all applicable federal regulations related to special programs.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
General Accounting (10%)
- Assist with maintaining all files, both electronic and hardcopy format (where required).
- Provide financial analysis as required to support other staff members
- Prepare audit work papers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- 2+ years accounting experience required.
- 1-3 years of Grant Accounting experience a plus.
- 1-3 years of Nonprofit experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- FinancialForce system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in relevant computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Platform and CRM management (i.e., Salesforce).
- Good mathematical background and ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Love146’s mission and values.
- Technology savvy.
- Experience in effectively communicating key data.
- Third-Party Platforms (Classy, Paypal, etc. preferred).
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with little oversight to complete daily tasks.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments.
- Ability to work as part of a global team.
- Information management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Carrying out duties according to deadlines.
The incumbent must spend long hours sitting, using office equipment, and performing computer operations, which requires intense mental and visual concentration and eye hand coordination. The incumbent is located in a busy, open office area with regular interruptions that may cause stress. Additionally specific “busy times” over the course of the year will add stress. The incumbent is required to deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our website to apply for this position.