Field Canvassers- New York City, Newburgh and Poughkeepsie, NY
- Job posted by Community Voices Heard Power Inc.
CVH Power is conducting canvasses in various locations in the lead up to the NY State Primary and the November general election
- Participate in phone banks to voters
- Participate in door knocking efforts to voters
- Input pertinent data in our organizational database
- Identify volunteers and potential leaders (for engagement in the project and beyond)
- Report canvass results nightly
- Strong communications and relationship building skills
- Previous outreach or campaign experience preferred (but not required)
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity/ Honesty
- Detail Oriented
- Connection to target base constituency - low-income and people of color - preferred (but not required)
- Passion for politics and upcoming 2018 elections
- Be able to work with a team
- Spanish speaking preferred (but not required)
Pay is $15/hr. for 20 expected hours per week.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CVHP strongly encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required, Spanish highly preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required