401 North 3rd Street
Gift of Life Family House, serves as a "home away from home" for transplant patients and their families by providing temporary, affordable lodging, meals and supportive services to those who travel to Philadelphia for transplant-related care.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced fund raising professional wanting to re-position their career with a talented development team responsible for funding this unique mission driven nonprofit organization.
As Development Associate you will:
- Assist with planning, assembling of materials and special projects for (and possibly attend) third-party fundraising events.
- Assist with developmental elements and organization of Family House Meal Program.
- Assist in preparing, compiling and producing marketing and communication materials for Family House initiatives and programs, in conjunction with staff, committee members, consultants, vendors, volunteers, financial contributors and sponsors.
- Prepare materials for meetings, appointments and presentations.
- Proofread and edit copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes necessary to achieve accuracy and clarity.
- Prepare, organize and facilitate mass mailings and general mail.
- Maintain and update electronic and manual filing system, retrieving information from files as needed.
- Complete research and special projects as assigned by Family House Staff
- Update Website Content
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- strong written and oral communication skills
- competency using Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office
- strong customer relationship competencies (poise, tact and diplomacy along with the ability to respond communicate in a positive and responsive manner)
- experience working in a professional office environment
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- the ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
To investigate joining the Family House team, please submit resume to: Human Resources, 401 North 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package, including medical, prescription drug, dental and STD/LTD insurances, as well as tuition assistance and an employer matched 403(b) savings plan.
Minimum Education Required