Teach Special Education In Oakland! Hiring For 2018-19!
- Job posted by Oakland Unified School District - Recruitment
1000 Broadway, Suite 295
Oakland Unified School District is hiring talented Special Education Teachers for the 2018-19 school year. OUSD believes that each student deserves recognition, attention, and respect, and all students must be offered rigorous academic programs and classrooms that support high achievement.
Apply to teach Special Ed in OUSD today! https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx?jcat=Teacher%20-%20SPED
- Visit the Programs for Exceptional Children (Special Education) department website here: http://www.ousd.org/pec
- If you do not yet have a Special Education credential, OUSD has a “Grow Our Own” SpEd Teacher Cohort Model that provides you an opportunity to become a full time teacher and obtain your Special Education teaching credential with other dedicated educators. Learn more here: http://ousdgrowourown.wix.com/spedteachercohort.
Why teach in OUSD?
- Oakland is a dynamic hub of innovation, art, technology, and thriving business. Oakland is deeply rooted in a history of community-based organizing and rich in cultural, racial, socio-economic, linguistic diversity and inclusivity.
- OUSD reflects the best of innovation and diversity in our dynamic and growing city, leading equity-centered work in public education nationwide.
- We are making great strides in social-emotional learning, closing the technology gap, and increasing personalized education in our classrooms.
OUSD is looking for teachers who:
- Believe that all students can learn and are dedicated to an asset-based approach to the educational success of urban students
- Plan and prepare rigorous, standards-aligned lessons with meaningful and equitable instruction
- Build a supportive and challenging learning environment for students that promotes respect and a culture of learning, with behavioral expectations and routines that maximize learning time
- Reflect and revise their practice to improve student outcomes
- A current California Teaching Credential or out-of-state equivalent (by July 2018) OR active enrollment in a university intern program
- Authorization to work in the United States
- OUSD offers a competitive salary, based on years of experience and education. Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their families, plus life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and a retirement plan through the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
- Across Bay Area public school districts, employees pay an average of 42% ($9,000) for family coverage on the least expensive plan. In OUSD, employees can pay much less: just 1.3% for family coverage, or less than $400 annually. (Note that exact amounts depend on which plan is selected.)
- Read more about benefits here: http://www.ousd.org/Page/11485
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Start by applying here: https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx?jcat=Teacher%20-%20SPED . You’ll be able to apply for specific job openings as well as our five Special Ed eligibility pools or to a school specific posting.
- You can also learn more about our teaching opportunities and hiring events here: http://www.ousd.org/careers.