1011 1st Avenue
Partnership Schools is looking for an Operations Associate. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized, has a passion for education reform, and is ready to dive into a fast paced, exciting entrepreneurial work environment.
The Partnership is a pioneering school management organization (SMO) that is shaping the next generation of urban Catholic education. Granted operational management in 2013 of six long-standing Pre-K to 8th grade schools in the South Bronx and Harlem, the Partnership is committed to providing students in historically underserved neighborhoods with the academic preparation, values, and skills they need to excel.
The historic success of urban Catholic schools stems not only from a rigorous tradition of academic excellence, but also from an emphasis on developing self-worth, moral character, a love of learning, and a sense of civic responsibility—all part of our long-standing commitment to educating the whole child. The Partnership is unique in knitting this tradition together with lessons from high-achieving public, charter, and independent schools, in the service of our students.
For more than twenty years, the Partnership has raised and invested over $200 million in urban Catholic schools. Today, as an SMO, the Partnership is intensifying its efforts to break the cycle of poverty and close the achievement gap across our network schools.
The Partnership currently serves over 2,100 students across the network
- 99.4% of the students are minority
- 65% of the students are Catholic
At the Partnership, we believe all children can achieve at the highest levels. We are eager to meet candidates that are excited and motivated by the challenge of building from the ground up. If you are interested in serving as a pioneer in education and share an unwavering commitment to raising student achievement and an appreciation and respect for Catholic culture, identity, and values, we want to hear from you!
The Operations Associate (OA) is a critical role of the Partnership Schools community. Reporting directly to the Director of School Operations while regularly assisting the Principal and Academic Dean, this OA is uniquely positioned to develop school operations and data administration skills. The Operations Associate will regularly assist leaders, teachers, families, and other school stakeholders in managing the many different moving pieces of a smooth school day. The ideal candidate will be driven by a commitment to the overall mission and success of the organization, a strong desire to learn the inner-workings of Catholic schools, and a general interest in data and administration.
General Responsibilities for Operations Associate
Management of general flow of front office, which includes:
- Respond to phone calls and greet parent drop-ins; track visitors and messages; answer questions and refer to appropriate parties for follow-up; relay applicable information to faculty and staff
- Manage supervision of students in office
- Receive and sort mail and packages
- Monitoring fax and email and forwarding it to appropriate individuals
- Maintain clean and organized front office
Technology and information systems
- Monitor operation and upkeep of office equipment (copy machine, laminating machine, etc.)
- Submit tickets for IT work to be done
- Support Director of School Operations (DSO) in collecting and tracking fees paid directly to school
- Enforce “no cash” tuition and fee policy and offer guidance to families for electronic tuition payments
- Support DSO with tuition collection letters and calls to delinquent parents
- Inventory all shipments received and compare with order
Enrollment, registration, scholarships, and student records
- Support with collection and tracking of school and scholarship materials
- Support re-registration process with tracking paperwork, managing follow-up, and connecting with classroom teachers
- Work with Admission and Development Associate (ADA) to follow up with families who missing paperwork
- Manage student information system and data entry
Customer Service & Communication
- Greet current & prospective families, visitors, and vendors; maintain a professional customer service environment
- Act as family liaison regarding general inquiries or basic troubleshooting
- Support Principal and DSO in transmitting information to and collecting information from current families (calendars, flyers, forms, survey, etc.)
- Support Principal and DSO in transmitting information to and from staff
- Maintain school calendar and update in all relevant systems
- Assist with mass mailings
- Support DSO with coordination and collection of State exams
- Support DSO and AD with coordination and inventory of curriculum & purchasing
- Assist Principal, AD and DSO in logistics for student celebrations and events (i.e. graduation, stepping up and winter/spring concert)
- Other student supervision duties as needed (ie lunch, bus, or recess duty)
- Bachelor's degree
- Customer service experience
- Strong experience with technology systems and Google platforms
- School-based experience highly preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and self-manage
- Whatever-it-takes attitude
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please navigate to the work for us tab on the partnershipnyc.org site. The "apply for this position" button is located at the end of each job description. Please be sure to upload your resume and cover letter.