The Human Resources Assistant assists with the day-to-day operation of Human Resources and provides support to the HR team will all functions, including recruitment, payroll, onboarding of new employees, employee training and events, and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with day-to-day operation of Human Resources by providing support and assistance to members of the HR team.
- Process highly confidential and sensitive information; file documentation into appropriate employee files, verify I-9 documentation, respond to all inquiries, prepare, and distribute materials to employees as requested.
- Maintain accuracy of Human Resources electronic filing system of records and follow filing protocol; process and scan files to be entered into digital database.
- Assist in new hire orientation, both in-person and hybrid, for onboarding new hires.
- Coordinate logistics of onboarding activities/events.
- Support the maintenance of HR information systems including electronic personnel records and learning management system (LMS).
- Assist with registration and logistics coordination for employee and volunteer events and trainings.
- Support organizational compliance in assisting with tracking employee enrollment and progress in annual required trainings.
- Conduct research on new initiatives, tracking systems and HR best practices; present clearly organized findings and ways to implement these practices within the organization as requested.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and adhere to all Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ACTIVITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills; professional and discreet.
- Curious, creative, and independent thinker.
- Self-starter; not afraid to ask questions if in need of guidance.
- Highly organized, demonstrated project management skills, and able to juggle multiple projects.
- Demonstrate experience in creating data-driven reports and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and a sense of humor.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training or experience is required.
- Two or more years of human resources and/or office experience required.
- Interest in Human Resources, experience in the field preferred.
- Non-profit work experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Highly organized and fastidious with detailed project work.