The Cloud Forest School is a bilingual, progressive PreK–11th grade private school located in rural Monteverde, Costa Rica. Our educational and institutional philosophy is founded in sustainability and economic justice. Ninety-five percent (95%) of our 200 students are Costa Rican, 5% are international students (generally from the US and Canada), and more than 70% of our local students receive deeply discounted tuition. Our staff of 42 is made up of half Costa Rican and half international professionals deeply dedicated to progressive, bi-lingual education.
The Cloud Forest School is proud to hire experienced, certified teachers from around the world. We are seeking a High School Science teacher for the 2018-19 school year which runs from early-August to mid June. This teacher will be responsible for teaching science to grades 8-11. The start date for this position is July 23rd.
- A certified teacher with 3-5 years experience (not exclusively TESOL, TEFL, TOEFL, etc.)
- Experience teaching chemistry, biology, physics and earth science
- Experienced in progressive education
- Willing to make a multi-year commitment
- A team player, willing to collaborate across grade levels and disciplines
- Willing and eager to grow as a person and a professional
- Positive and adventurous
Full family health benefits, pension, generous vacation time, ample professional development opportunities, discounted tuition for staff children, beautiful location
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit an online application here: http://cloudforestschool.org/?page_id=1054