Details: Salary commensurate with experience
Ready to help North American classrooms embark on a virtual journey to the Weddell Sea in Antarctica, to explore the issue of climate change and hunt for Shackleton’s lost ship? A new, six-month position is now open with Reach the World, a virtual exchange nonprofit based in New York City. RTW is looking for the ideal candidate to direct the curriculum and web design for this project; co-lead the recruitment of North American educators; and manage the program for at least 80 classrooms.
As the Program Manager for this unique, six-month virtual exchange program, you will help youth in at least 80 classrooms across North America develop their global curiosity, confidence and compassion. You will recruit and directly support educators as they map this virtual journey into their curriculums. You will liaise with scientists and crew aboard the S.A. Agulhas II in order to facilitate the education and outreach program.
Your Charge (What You’ll Be Doing)
- Manage the Weddell Sea Expedition’s education and outreach into North American schools, resulting in (a) 30 full service 12-week programs in NYC; (b) 50 online 12-week programs across North America; and (c) weekly virtual exchange sessions for 12 weeks, reaching at least 1,800 students
- Lead all aspects of the curriculum development, including the development of web assets
- Manage the relationships with educators and partners in North American and Europe; the Weddell Sea Expedition; The Explorers Club and the donor
- Produce at least three events at The Explorers Club in New York City for students and youth
- Evaluate the program and report on the results using data analytics
How You’ll Go About It
Our strongest applicants will see themselves in these core Reach the World values:
- You have an entrepreneurial nature. You do not wait to be told what to do. You are constantly matching possibilities to strategies, in support of our aggressive growth goals.
- You seek to maximize impact and minimize bottlenecks, making every charitable dollar go the farthest in service to our cause. You are successful when the pieces of our program naturally and organically work together to elevate the whole.
- You want to be a part of a purpose-driven organization on a mission. Our work is not a job; it is a passion. You love what You do, and you support your team members unconditionally.
- You are a relater. You understand that our programs are about taking a journey together, always applying the human element of relationships to make our technology-driven programs shine. On a deep and personal level, you understand that this orientation is as important for our beneficiaries as it is for our funders and partners. Our success is based upon our broad definition of our team.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a related field required
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in a related field
- Fluency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competence in graphic design (Canva, Illustrator)
- Curriculum writing experience
- Web design project management experience
- Start date: We imagine a start date in the month of November 2018
- Length: Six months, with an opportunity to extend into an ongoing full-time position
- Daily schedule: Full-time
- Work location: 222 Broadway, New York, NY 10038
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Healthcare coverage option
Healthcare coverage option
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required