Details: Please include salary history.
8407-E Richmond Highway
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties in employee relations, training, on-boarding, benefits administration, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance. S/he works closely with senior management in supporting multi-site, multi-regional, multi contracted programs in an agency with a diverse staff of 125 individuals at all levels of employment working 24/7.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Stays abreast of all employee related laws and ever changing legal regulations. Tracks and trends in HR-related staffing issues and reports findings to the executive team.
- Reviews the Personnel Policy Manual at least annually and proposes needed changes to the Executive Team. Ensures that all employees receive and sign that they have received the document whenever it is revised.
- Manages the recruitment and hiring process. Reviews job description with the hiring manager to ensure that it is accurate. Posts current job vacancy position openings on various recruitment sites. Develops materials for hiring managers for the interview process. Participates in interviews as needed or requested. Reviews hire packet before delivery to the executive director for approval. Oversees the preparation of offer letters.
- Serves as agency benefits administrator. Serves as liaison with vendors providing or administering benefits. Explains benefits available to new employees. Handles all paperwork for sign up and changes to benefits for individual employees. Answers employee questions. Insures that paperwork is completed correctly, information is given to the payroll accountant to be entered into ADP, and paperwork is properly filed. Prepares informational literature for annual benefits open enrollment
- Maintains, manages and monitors salary and benefits package offered by NHH. Stays abreast of developments in the salary and benefits arena and makes recommendations based upon benchmarking to ensure NHH salary structure and benefits are within an appropriate range based on geographic, job responsibilities and current market considerations.
- Responds to staff inquiries regarding compensation, leave, benefits, etc.
- Maintains and ensures that employee, student/intern, volunteer and contractor records to include personnel and confidential files are in accordance with legal requirements, NHH policies, and HR Best Practices to include emergency contact, performance reports, Relias Learning. Tracks FSMA and FSA by employee.
- Conducts investigations, to address and resolve all Employee Concern Forms and/or HOTLINE issues (compliance related matters, etc., a combined effort with senior management)
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action. As needed, coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions. Is present in most “serious” employee counseling sessions; insures documentation is adequate, complete, professional and secured.
- Conducts exit interviews. Watches for patterns and reports potential management issues to Executive Director.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database utilizing reports pulled from ADP.
- Responds to all VEC claims and participates in hearings. At his/her discretion, has supervisor participate if warranted to ensure desired outcome.
- Answers routine inquiries from inside and outside the organization on employment verifications and unemployment insurance claims in accordance with HR policies.
- Monitors and works to ensure that employee morale is positive. Makes recommendations to the executive team on ways to improve morale.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA and advance training certifications to include SHRM and/or HRCI credentials.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a human resources generalist, preferably in a non-profit agency.
- Knowledge of HR employment related laws FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, FSA, etc. Expertise in benefits. Knowledge of ADP strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Highest work ethic, boundary limitations, and confidentiality
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record. Able to be insured by our insurance company. Reliable transportation as this position can require travel within a 30 mile radius. Mileage is reimbursable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with a diverse staff and clientele.
- The ability to successfully pass a background check
- Strong oral and written communication skills
High degree of empathy toward those we serve.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed
New Hope Housing is proud to be an EOE Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Robust benefits program: 100% paid employee medical/dental premiums, retirement program, PTO, sick leave, EAP, and voluntary Life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance; tuition reimbursement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Human Resources Generalist" in email subject line.