26 Bleecker Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking an Internal Communications Director to join our External Affairs Team. The Internal Communications Director is based at our Administrative office at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, New York 10012.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Internal Communications Director does:
- Responsible for all aspects of Planned Parenthood of New York City’s internal communications.
- Developing and implementing an internal communications strategy to keep PPNYC staff informed of new program developments as well as relevant external events that impact our work, to foster a sense of community, and to ensure transparency within this large and diverse group of employees.
- Work closely with Executive Office and External Affairs to craft brand consistent message framing for CEO with internal audiences, including board of directors.
- Manage staff feedback process by monitoring staff questions and work with the Chief External Affairs Officer and Vice President of Communications and Marketing to draft and distribute a bi-monthly Frequently Asked Questions memo to all staff.
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of work experience in internal corporate communications with a focus on employee communications and change management.
- Experience writing a strategic plan for corporate communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with c-suite leaders to craft messaging for large-scale organization.
- Experience in creating and implementing innovative communications solutions across multiple platforms and technologies in complex organizations to ensure two-way communications between senior leadership and staff.
- Action-oriented person with ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail. Adept at dealing with unanticipated external challenges that require quick and effective communications to staff and boards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact successfully with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across teams.
- Passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights, health equity and social justice.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.