Details: Grantwriter to be paid $12-15 hour, commiserate with experience
Our Children LA (OCLA) is a local volunteer led non-profit organization dedicated to bringing resource information and services to homeless youth, families and adults in the greater Los Angeles area. We publish the only comprehensive Directory of Services for Homeless Youth, Families and Adults and the region's only mobile app (WIN) designed to empower regional homeless youth, families and adults to locate the services they need to build a life out of poverty. Both the Directory and app are provided free to those in need and can be found in the iTunes and Googleplay stores as well as on our website.
OCLA has embarked on an initiative to enhance its mission and capabilities by reaching out to agencies and sponsors for additional funding through grants. To accomplish this OCLA is seeking to contract with an experienced grant writer.
The grant writer’s primary responsibility will be to assist with researching and exploring regional and national grant opportunities as well as writing and editing grant proposals, progress reports and submissions. The grant writer will review the sponsor guidelines to ensure that specific funding requirements are met in the grant proposal. The grant writer also will coordinate and carry out procedures designed to increase efficiency and quality of proposals, including innovative ways to streamline the grant production process.
OCLA is a virtual organization and the grantwriter should be comfortable working from home/remotely.
Grantwriter must be able to work 10 hours a week and can compensation in the range of $12-15/hour commensurate with experience. Applicants who can demonstrate an understanding of the regional grantmaking community or who have experience in obtaining grants for technology innovations are particularly encouraged to apply.
· Excellent management skills to maintain and organize multiple grant projects including program grant submissions.
· Strong proficiency in operating computer including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email).
· Experience and skill with writing and editing grant applications, with ability to develop adapt grant proposals to specific sponsor requirements.
· Ability to handle sensitive materials and confidential information with discretion and tact.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Excellent skill in setting priorities to meet deadlines and reflect accurately the relative importance of job duties and assignments.
· Excellent organizational skills necessary to complete tasks in an efficient manner and with minimal supervision.
· Flexibility to respond effectively to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
· Must be conscientious in attention to detail.
· Experience and proficiency in researching grant opportunities and performing systematic reviews of such opportunities using search engines
Interested individuals should contact Our Children LA at email@example.com
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent English spoken and written skills required.
Minimum Education Required