1 Park Avenue
Institute for Psychoanalytic Education (IPE), affiliated with NYU School of Medicine
Administrative offices: 462 1st Avenue (Bellevue Hospital), Manhattan
Staffing for Classes and Meetings: 1 Park Avenue, between 32nd & 33rd Streets, Manhattan
The Program Coordinator plays a vital role in the day to day operations of this small training institute. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who possesses excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer support skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, website CMS maintenance; image editing using software/apps; and office administration experience. Minimum of one evening per week (varies per week) and minimum of 5 Saturdays per academic year are required. The Program Coordinator works closely with and reports to the Administrative Director, as well as interacting with faculty and candidates at Institute for Psychoanalytic Education (IPE). This is a position with NYU Langone Health, to begin September 2018.
The position has primary responsibility for:
- Admissions Administration: Provide assistance to Admissions Committees for four programs (~90 applications per year, during annual admission season, May-August. Route and organize files for all applicants - application materials, references, interviews, letters, etc.
- Faculty and Participant Support: Strong interpersonal skills, ability to troubleshoot technical and other issues with members and students with patience and sensitivity. Friendly and compassionate personality, for interacting with public attendees of events and diverse population of professional members and attendees.
- Membership Assistance: Maintain member processes through Salesforce app; process membership applications; respond to member requests for changes, updates, and resources.
- Event Staffing: Setting up and breaking down of necessary equipment and supplies for on and off-site events. Staff entrance, and register and collect fees from attendees. Manage physical logistics of catering orders and setup of refreshments.
- Website and Information Management: Oversight of content management system, updating all content, and creation of new event and information website pages. Administration and troubleshooting of Access database’s transition of data to new CMS (one time project). Document formatting and creation using mail merge/publish of data sheets and directories.
- Communications/Marketing: Centrally coordinate marketing and social media efforts, create and edit Constant Contact (or other equivalent email marketing platform) templates and campaigns, manage social media channels and email communications, and coordinate with committee chairs. Perform testing on content to improve reliability. Monitor Google adwords campaign.
- Essential Online/App Image Design: Create event flyers and invitations, program manuals, and forms.
- Data Management and Reporting: Gather/report on statistics on a regular basis, Issue routine data reports from salesforce and excel.
- Consultation and Treatment Service Administration: In consultation with the faculty, administer the “virtual” referral service (annually receive/route ~ 200 applications). Process applications, manage assignments, and track disposition of cases.
- Office Administration: Share in general office administration tasks, including room reservation, catering orders, telephone duty, mailings, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years experience in a professional office environment
- Demonstrated professional writing and editing skills
- Computer skills: advanced Microsoft Office Suite; extensive document formatting; Image editing using apps such as Photoshop; standard website content management systems; demonstrable knowledge of social media channels
- Detail-oriented, systems-oriented, and process-oriented; Able to follow through quickly with identified priorities
- Ability to work a minimum one evening per week, and minimum of 5 Saturdays throughout academic year
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift and/or move boxes/materials up to 20 lbs. and be capable of standing for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to perform his/her essential job duties.
Desired (nice to have) requirements:
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with Google G Suite
Earned vacation time
Medical and Dental
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume, and a separate document with 2 professional references by email to:
- Jennifer I. Stephenson, LMSW, Administrative Director
No phone calls.
References must be professionals who you reported to and who can speak to your work performance.