Coordinator, Advanced Placement Program Management
- Job posted by The College Board - AP Program Management
250 Vesey Street
The Advanced Placement Program is looking for a Coordinator to support AP Program Management, a team dedicated to supporting the long-term success and growth of AP. The team is responsible for high-profile initiatives, including partnerships, business strategy, and the launch of new programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director, AP Teacher Support, the Coordinator, Program Management, will assist the Program Management team by providing general operational and administrative support for the Executive Directors on the team. Executive Director support will include event and/or meeting planning; processing monthly expense reports; processing payments to various constituents and vendors; design and copyediting of presentations, reports, and newsletters; data collection and entry; and communication with and support of various constituents. Provide support for specific initiatives. These include the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), AP Mentoring, APSI Scholarships, and program research and evaluation.
- Complete and submit expense reports and schedule travel for the AP Program Management Executive Directors; organize monthly staff meetings and other internal meetings; coordinate team events. Keep minutes at Executive Directors’ meetings and disseminate notes and action items post-meeting. Facilitate administrative workflow for performance management reviews, peer reviews, and other work as requested.
- Assist with tracking, entering, and processing of SOWs, contracts, invoices, payments, and accruals of major initiatives. Create monthly reports on these items. Review and summarize budgets monthly, working with VP and team members to reconcile discrepancies. Manage the unit P-card.
- Plan and coordinate events or large meetings with internal and external constituents. Arrange and secure event/meeting locations, hotel reservations, flight/car reservations, and catering. Communicate event logistics to both internal and external constituents. Prepare materials needed for meetings/events—this may include coordination with internal departments; production of materials; and copying, printing, and sending materials.
- Design and solicit stories for team newsletter.
- Copyedit and apply design and formatting best practices to MS PowerPoint presentations, MS Excel spreadsheets, and MS Word reports developed by the Executive Directors. Become familiar with and apply organizational branding guidelines. Development and coordination of PPTs used for team meetings.
- Coordinate and assist with the communications flow among other teams, other divisions, CB staff, AP teachers, schools, districts, states, and vendors.
- Provide additional support for particular initiatives, including:
- Assistance with the testing and programming of constituent surveys.
- Research on test centers and policy for CLEP.
Maintains regular contact with the Program Management team, coordinators from across the unit, and Procurement and Finance staff. Ongoing contact as needed with other divisions such as State and District Partnerships, Research, Access to Opportunity, and Marketing and Publication Services to ensure workflows are smooth and deadlines are met.
Maintains contacts with external constituents as needed, as well as vendors as needed in development of SOWs and contracts for program management.
Bachelor’s degree required or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Two to three years of directly-related work experience. Project management experience a plus
Related Skills & Other Requirements:
- A commitment to educational equity
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail; thoroughness and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Basic knowledge of planning and budgeting
- Ability to take initiative and use judgment to make decisions and prioritize in the absence of specific directions
- Ability to maintain confidence and discretion
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and projects
- Advanced MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Word skills
- Firm knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume, with cover letter, to APProgramManagementJobs@gmail.com.