The Associate General Counsel will report to the Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel (“General Counsel”) to support the overall development and growth of CCI, playing a key role in ensuring that CCI meets and exceeds its legal and compliance obligations. The Associate General Counsel will assist the General Counsel with all facets of the CCI Legal Department, including, without limitation, transactional, litigation, regulatory, real estate, insurance, and compliance matters. Additionally, the Associate General Counsel will serve as CCI’s Compliance Officer and Risk Manager. The person occupying this position will be service oriented, able to communicate and synthesize information
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide overall assistance to the General Counsel;
- Research and advise on legal compliance and litigation issues;
- Perform contract reviews
- Serve as Risk Manager and in that capacity design and oversee risk-management activities and related training programs, to include drafting and implementation of the Risk Management Plan
- Serve as Compliance Officer; in that capacity the Associate General Counsel will be responsible for the day to day compliance operations of CCI, to include, without limitation, ensuring that CCI policies and procedures are in compliance with HRSA and governmental regulations and guidance and best practices, as well as all statutory requirements; monitoring incident reports daily and completing monthly analysis of incidents; serving on the Quality Improvement Committee and the CORE Performance Improvement Committee; and other compliance duties as necessary.
- Direct CCI’s internal Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) deeming process and ensure compliance with FTCA requirements.
- Assist with audits of vendors as part of the contract review process
- Assist with the duties of the Safety Officer and the Safety Committee
- Assist with the work of the Policy Committee and the review of policies and procedures
- Provide support in the management of, prosecution of and responses to legal claims
- Assist with internal investigations
- Assist with administration of the compliance hotline
- Coordinate communication with the sites concerning compliance-related matters
- Provide support for oversight and implementation of CCI legal activities
- Act as a liaison between the General Counsel and staff of the Human Resources Department supporting the intersection of legal and human resources matters.
Qualifications and Skills
- Actively seeks out and supports collaborative thinking and problem-solving with others in the organization
- A dynamic team member who regularly brings and seeks new ideas, insights and knowledge, and drives the organization to implement new programs and solutions
- Problem solver with an ability to spot risk
- Excellent organizational skills with an eye for detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment
- Comfort with role flexibility
- Law degree (with Law Review preferred)
- Between one (1) and four (4) years of legal experience in either litigation or transactional work, or a combination of the two.
- Willingness to take and complete the ECRI Institute’s Ambulatory Care Risk Management Certification Course
- Ability to interact with business leadership and make dynamic presentations
- Excellent editing and drafting skills
- Ability to track down information and not afraid to ask hard questions.