Position Category: Development
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Position: Manager of Donor Relations
Reports To: Executive Director
EARTH University Foundation is a 501(c)3 public charity that provides financial assistance and other support for the programs and initiatives of EARTH University. The mission of EARTH University, a global institution located in Costa Rica, is to prepare leaders to contribute to the sustainable development of the tropics, and to construct a prosperous and just society. The University has 436 students from 38 countries and an international faculty composed of 40 professors with wide teaching and research experience. Currently, there are 2,230 graduates from 43 countries. Of these alumni, 82 percent have returned to their native countries and are making significant contributions. Students receive a degree in Agronomy and Natural Resource Management. EARTH’s ultimate goal is to provide students with the necessary skills and a unique vision that will enable them to return to their home countries, where they will serve as catalysts for environmental change and become leaders who make a lasting impact in their communities and beyond. EARTH’s development staff resides on campus as well as in the U.S.
The Manager of Donor Relations reports to the Executive Director and develops, implements, manages and assesses a comprehensive donor relations plan to support EUF in reaching its fundraising goals. The scope of work includes donor relations, stewardship, events, campus visits, and special projects. For the right candidate who is creative, thoughtful, and engaged, this position offers an exciting opportunity to develop and grow an excellent major gifts stewardship program that will contribute in material ways to the growth of EARTH’s reach and reputation.
- Develops, implements, and leads an integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving.
- Creates innovative program and projects to steward donors; ensures the external reporting to donors on endowments.
- Track donor relations and stewardship activities in Raisers Edge to enhance relationship and increase the likelihood of continued giving.
- Writes well and supports major donor communications initiatives to ensure that EARTH donors understand the full impact of their philanthropy.
- Plans and executes field and campus events in concert with EUF leadership. Involved in strategy discussions, including target audience, location, program and follow-up.
- Manages and coordinates on-campus visits and Amigos trips. Communicates trip and logistical information to guests, assists with planning itinerary and coordinates with on-campus personnel to ensure a successful visit.
- Works closely with global Development staff to report to donors on the use of gifts, to arrange meetings with students and donors and to recognize and celebrate gifts in meaningful ways.
- Manages special projects as they are identified.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree plus three or more years of experience in a non-profit organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a fundraising setting and interaction with donors.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge preferred.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to accurately follow through on multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Willingness to take initiative, manage projects, and coordinate work with colleagues.
- Hard working, self-motivated, and bright individual with ability to work as a key member of an international development staff where respect, coordination, and collaboration are highly valued;
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to function well within a team-oriented atmosphere and with a sense of humor;
- Proficiency in Spanish desirable.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
This job description/posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship. EARTH University Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to: Crystal Reardon, Development Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic materials only, please.
More information about EARTH University can be found at www.earth.ac.cr.