The School Wellness Coordinator provides health and emergency care to students and, when necessary, staff. They promote wellness and serve as a resource for health concerns in the school setting. They also manage and track all information related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
This position is for immediate hire. 7:00-11:00am, M-F highly preferred with additional hours on-call as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain accurate cumulative health records, including immunizations and Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Coordinate weekly Covid testing for all unvaccinated students and staff.
- Assist to encourage and enforce COVID-19 health protocols for the school.
- Manage mandated school screening programs and school/sports physicals and follow-up.
- Ensure schoolwide compliance with national and local health policies for schools, especially COVID-19 protocol compliance.
- Follow up with the Archdiocese of Washington Catholic Schools Office and the Montgomery County Health Department in response to any positive Covid cases in the school community.
- Evaluate students who are ill to determine need for Covid testing and communicate with parents of students who are ill.
- Follow communicable disease control procedures and inform administration and/or parents regarding school exclusion and readmission.
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene.
- Serve as liaison between the home, medical community, and the school regarding student health concerns.
- Participate in ongoing professional development, and regular performance review.
- Review and evaluate school health services, ensuring compliance with laws, rules, and regulations regarding health matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Desire to work at a faith-based educational institution.
- Associates degree in health-related or similar field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Availability to be on call in case of health emergencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally via telephone and email.
- Ability to relate effectively with high school students of diverse backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field.
- Experience in school nursing or another medical field.
- Experience in pediatric and/or community or public health nursing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Strong knowledge of Catholic faith, beliefs, and practices.