Details: Commensurate with experience.
Job Title: U.S. City Coordinator
Reports to: U.S. City Director
Location: *Flexible – United States
citiesRISE is a new multi-stakeholder initiative formed as a response to the concern that, despite the existence of effective models, existing fragmented and small-scale efforts fail to address the rising tide of mental health problems globally. The mission of citiesRISE is to mobilize leadership, resources and practical action by scaling evidence-based approaches and promising models through a network of cities to achieve significant, measurable improvements in mental health, especially among young people within underserved populations, through proven methodologies of collective action and a network approach.
citiesRISE was founded in 2016 and is now positioned to dramatically deepen its impact through the expansion of current initiatives and the launch of new global programming to bring meaningful and sustainable progress to communities across the world. citiesRISE has established substantive partnerships to catalyze collective actions across sectors to fundamentally transform the story of mental health around the world. The significance of citiesRISE was recently featured at the World Economic Forum’s 2018 Annual Meeting. Learn more at cities-rise.org.
The City Coordinator, under the direction of the City Director, will coordinate city collective action work in one or two US cities. This will include consistent communication between city stakeholders and citiesRISE management, and coordinating project budget, activities and deliverables. Key to this position will be a person who can work autonomously, once given direction and who can manage within an evolving organization and environment. This position requires a high level of organization, attention to detail, analytical thinking and strong relationship management. *City Coordinator could be located in Seattle, WA, or Sacramento, CA, or in the NY area.
The City Coordinator will play a crucial role overseeing the coordination of the city collective action stakeholder committee and the design and implementation of the city specific local action plan. This role is ideal for a person who can navigate and intersect the collaboration of various city stakeholders along with the big bold vision for the field and overall citiesRISE platform.
· Coordinating the city collective action process for the selected city under the direction of the City Director and in close partnership with key stakeholders.
· Liaising with other city coordinators, both in the US and globally to ensure operations in the designated city(ies) are on par with other citiesRISE city pilots.
· Ensuring a strong tracking system for key activities, outcomes and deliverables is in place in the designated city including budget tracking and monitoring.
· Authoring and submitting reports for both city stakeholders and citiesRISE secretariat, including channeling results and information to the M&E team for impact reporting.
· Identifying innovative and improved ways to capture and report activities in the city.
· Supporting data, analytical and administrative needs of the city collective action stakeholder group and of the City Director as required.
· Serving as a facilitator, diplomat and ambassador with key stakeholders at a city and youth level to ensure collaborative, communication and efficiency of effort.
· Building and cultivating relationships with city stakeholders and with a multitude of actors. This includes continuous involvement with community engagement efforts and projects both locally and globally.
· Supporting the City Director in overseeing donor diligence, reporting, and evaluation efforts. Ensures compliance with funding agreements.
citiesRISE is looking for a candidate who demonstrates a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a person who has proven experience in mobilizing partnerships and can showcase successful implementation. This is a unique opportunity for someone in early or mid-career who can shape the role and contribute to the success of the overall initiative.
· 5+ years of professional experience, including a minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in working with local community organizations. Experience with the development and implementation of strategic plans and implementation of programs is preferred.
· Commitment to the mission of building healthy communities and a passion for the work of citiesRISE.
· Experience in related fields such as global mental health, urban development, collective action, systems change, youth engagement, youth leadership, health system strengthening, technology innovation, post-conflict settings, poverty and vulnerability.
· Proven strategic thinker with experience coordinating multiple projects and deadlines is required.
· Strong ability to drive progress, have vision, promote innovation, and display ownership under ambiguous and dynamic conditions.
· Exceptional presentation, communication and organizational skills with the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Experience with PowerPoint, social media platforms and other forms of communication tools preferred.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected initiative. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
citiesRISE provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with City Coordinator in the subject of your email.