This grant funded PA CASA employee will serve as the Program Director for CASA of Greene County, PA. The office in which the Director will work is located in Waynesburg, PA. This is the initial staff of a new non-profit that recruits and trains volunteers to become advocates for children in foster care. More on CASA of Greene County: https://www.greenecountycasa.org/.
Consistent with the goals and objectives of the PA CASA Association, provides volunteer program management including, volunteer pre-service training, supervision and data management. Maintains the CASA program in accordance with all National CASA standards and Pennsylvania state statutes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures compliance with relevant statutes, standards, policies and procedures in the administration of the Greene County CASA volunteer program.
· Conducts pre-service volunteer training utilizing the National CASA curriculum and coordinating experts in subject matter as appropriate to supplement the training curriculum.
· Assigns cases and vacates CASA volunteers in Dependency Court.
· Prepares necessary court requests and orders to have the CASA volunteer assigned by the court or discharged from a case.
· Consults with appropriate child protective services staff regarding client needs and volunteer assignments.
· Maintains regular contact with volunteers. A minimum of one every two weeks for the first three months as a volunteer and as specified in the volunteer policies.
· Provides technical assistance, guidance, support and information to volunteers in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Attends meetings, visits, appointments and interviews with the CASA volunteer as necessary.
· Coordinates team meetings as necessary.
· Assists CASA volunteers in identifying services to assist the children they work with.
· Ensures that a report or summary is submitted for every court hearing involving a CASA volunteer.
· Attends each court hearing with a CASA volunteer involved and monitors other dependency hearings for possible CASA assignment as necessary.
· Collaborates with the Guardians ad litem to ensure advocacy for the best interest of the child.
· Organizes and facilitates in-service train sessions for current volunteers in topics related volunteer advocacy for abused and neglected children and in collaboration with existing service providers.
Minimum Education Required