The Executive Director of Global Information Technology is responsible for the management and oversight of the WCS computing environment outside of the United States. This person ensures that computing systems are designed, installed, and supported in a manner that meets the needs of WCS global staff. This person will develop and manage a team of global IT staff that are integrated with local global office staff performing IT functions and facilitates their operational integration with the WCS IT team. This person works directly with global senior management as well as regional and country directors, and with supervisory staff in each of the global offices. This person works directly with the CIO and IT leadership to ensure overall alignment with WCS computing systems.
- Develop and lead a high performing group comprised of IT generalists with skills in network, telecom, systems, and support.
- Responsible for ensuring the identification, deployment and management of the WCS global network and telecommunications infrastructure meets the needs of the business and incorporates best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring the IT support infrastructure incorporates best practices to meet the needs of the WCS global computing environment and its user community.
- Effectively develops and manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients and vendors.
- Ensure projects are rationalized, staffed, and executed within defined parameters and expectations and achieve their ROI.
- Monitor the implementation of corporate security policies, client, and other security requirements according to best practices and for government, contract and WCS compliance.
- Provide future directives for maintaining security and stability across all WCS locations.
- Assist with the implementation and management of information security policies and procedures.
- Implement and manage Change Management controls with change verification.
- Oversee the ongoing development, management and reconciliation of capital and operating budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility and accountability, and alignment with WCS goals.
- Contribute to identifying business solutions which provide enhancements to WCS.
- Be the information technology point person for the Global Conservation Program
- Provide strategic leadership, team oversight and day-to-day management to deliver outcomes aligned with business needs, improve performance, and reduce risk, cost and complexity for the WCS computing environment.
- Demonstrate appropriate business and technical acumen, situational awareness, incorporation of lessons learned, and integration of best practices.
- Take initiative with a positive and get-it-done attitude which leads by example and inspires others to follow.
- Ensure policies, SLAs, and high availability, capacity, security, and performance goals are captured, validated, and adhered to and that preventative maintenance efforts reduce problems and risks.
- Work with staff to develop individual growth and development plans which align with WCS business and IT objectives and maintains a forward trajectory that demonstrates our investment in and retains our talent.
- Interface with all areas of IT in resolving user problems as required.
- Oversee and work with vendors and other third parties in fulfillment of objectives.
- Liaise with other business units within WCS.
- As a high-level senior leader within the IT management team be available on call for emergencies and be prepared to own and direct issues to their resolution.
- Perform other IT duties as needed.
- Based out of the Bronx Zoo, WCS headquarters, in Bronx, NY.
- Extensive travel to WCS offices internationally.
- Ability to work in a variety of locations, some highly remote, and across multiple time zones.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field; Master's degree a plus
- 15+ years of work experience in technology
- Experience working internationally
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Conforms to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Extensive experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Big picture thinking and also pragmatic
- Extensive travel, especially the first two calendar years
- International NGO/non-profit experience a plus
- Proficiency in French and/or Spanish a plus
The following attributes are key to the success of this position:
- Team Player
IT Areas Related to the Position
- Business & Systems Analysis
- BCP/DR & Crisis Comms
- Collaboration & Productivity
- Computing Infrastructure
- Data Management
- IT Operations
- Network & Telecom
- Project Management
- Security & Compliance
- Support & Maintenance
- Field Support Technologies
- Google Technologies
- Microsoft Technologies
- Salesforce CRM
- SAP & HRIS Systems
WCS is an equal opportunity employer and the organization complies with all employment and labor laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in hiring and ensures that candidates from all backgrounds are fairly and consistently considered during the recruitment process. We are dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value
The organization provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified candidates. The organization does not discriminate for employment based on age, color, disability, gender identify, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by laws and regulations