Operations & Development Manager
Details: Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
CAIR Sacramento Valley is looking for a passionate and talented individual to fill the Operations Manager position. Join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community.
The Operations Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of CAIR-SV’s day-to-day administrative, financial, fundraising and operational functions. The position contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently and on variety of teams. Excellent project management, administrative and clerical skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines are required. The successful candidate will be a thoughtful, creative, compassionate and dynamic manager who excels at leading a talented and diverse team. The ability to successfully manage crises and rapid change are essential to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Oversee financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Ensure compliance with nonprofit laws and regulations.
- Evaluate nonprofit performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Develop and manage the annual budget, and individual program and department budgets, in collaboration with the Executive Director and department managers.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Support organization-wide planning, development, and communication activities, as needed and ensure adherence to CAIR-SVs goals and policies within the project area.
- Recruit and manage an appropriate team to promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff and interns using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Steward existing donors through regular communications, donor appreciation, and follow up.
- Research and apply for potential funding opportunities, including private foundations and corporate giving programs.
- Coordinate and draft fundraising mailers and online giving campaigns.
- Secure sponsorship and advertisements for annual banquet and special events/programs.
- Coordinate expansion of existing monthly donor program.
- Coordinate corporate matching program.
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an administrative, operations, human resources or similar role(s)
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and cloud applications
- Excellent oral and written communication and managerial skills to interface with various stakeholders and staff in a professional and effective manner.
- Must have capability to work on multiple projects or tasks at a time
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- An intuitive ability to recognize and appropriately convey the sensitive nature of any situation and the ability to keep all matters appropriately confidential is necessary.
- Proven ability to give, deny or ask for information in a tactful and friendly manner and discretion in giving information about plans and/or action to anyone is required.
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situation and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other CAIR employees to foster aid, promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout the greater Sacramento and Central Valley regions for events and outreach
- A strong commitment to social justice and CAIR’s mission
- Experience working with non-profit organizations (preferred)
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi or Urdu (preferred)
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.
Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Level of Language Proficiency
Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi or Urdu (preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, (3) the names and contact information of three references, to: email@example.com with the subject line “Operations & Development Manager”.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.