Details: Salary DOE
8101 S. Vermont Avenue
To help transform the social and economic conditions in South Los Angeles that foster addiction, crime, violence and poverty by building a community institution capable of involving thousands in creating, influencing and changing public policy.
Community Coalition is a non-profit social justice organization working to address social and economic conditions in South LA by empowering residents to fight for policy solutions that build up the community. Since 1990, Community Coalition has built a groundbreaking, community-driven approach to creating change. We elevate the voices of our members, shift power to the community, and tackle the root causes of poverty, crime and violence. Together we are creating a more prosperous, safer and healthier South LA.
Community Coalition’s projects and victories include stopping the expansion of liquor stores in South LA, supporting gang violence prevention programs, creating foster and family care support programs, hosting art and music festivals and healthcare enrollment fairs. Community Coalition has also registered and mobilized thousands of voters in South LA, participated in the process to create a federal Promise Zone for South Los Angeles and creates leadership opportunities for young people with the South Central Youth Empowered through Action program and Freedom School, among other projects.
Community Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. People of all races, religions, and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Public Contracts Manager is responsible for the oversight of the majority of current and future public (federal, state, local) contracts that Community Coalition is awarded. This includes day-to-day coordination and evaluation of contract program activities that encompass: public health prevention programs, community outreach and resident leadership development activities. The Public Contracts Manager coordinates with public funders, community organizations and stakeholders to administer programming and maximize impact. The Public Contracts Manager ensures all deliverables are met through a set of quality controls and routine contractual and programmatic compliance checks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
- Coordinate public health prevention activities in partnership with community outreach and organizing teams. This includes the identification of evidence based prevention programs that can be utilized to achieve program deliverables.
- Work with component supervisors to identify, develop, and execute program activities (such as resident leadership curriculum development, educational training, and community events), with consideration for cross-departmental collaboration.
- Establish infrastructure and systems to track progress of multiple project based contract deliverables. This includes the establishment of project timelines, quarterly deliverables check-in meetings with staff and project teams, etc.
- Oversee external partner relationships as they relate to project deliverables to ensure partners are informed of project successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Perform quality assurance checks with organizational records to ensure organizational compliance and successful fiscal and programmatic audits.
- Work in conjunction with external consultant teams to develop and execute data research and evaluation projects as they relate to contract related projects.
- Submit regular narrative and budget reports to funding agencies to ensure contract compliance
- Contribute to core organizational functions, including outreach, organizing and fundraising.
- Masters in Public Health or at least two years experience working in one or more of the following: environmental prevention, community organizing, public policy, project management.
- Familiarity with South Los Angeles and issues impacting the community
- Familiarity with public health concepts as it pertains to substance abuse prevention and control and the social determinants of health
- Familiarity with community organizing
- Knowledge of program design, basic data collection, and analysis/evaluation concepts and processes
- Knowledge of proper telephone and e-mail etiquette
- Knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrated experience leading and convening large multi-organization coalition spaces
- Experience with researching, writing and submitting public grant proposals and reports
- Experience with putting together a big-picture strategy, as well as the ability to execute details successfully
- Skill in independently prioritizing, planning, coordinating, organizing, leading and monitoring multiple organizational projects of a complex nature simultaneously and quickly adapting to changes in time frames
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience managing staff or volunteers in a professional setting
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills
- Skill in researching and analyzing issues and offering creative solutions
- Exemplary customer service skills including the ability to identify needs, provide prompt response, and exercise patience, respect and professionalism in all interactions
- Highly proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email applications
Fully Sponsored Employee Benefits and 401k
Minimum Education Required