1500 Walnut Street
ABOUT THE BICYCLE COALITION OF GREATER PHILADELPHIA
For the past forty-six years the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia has advocated for better bicycling infrastructure, access, and opportunity – promoting safety and community health. Our small staff come from many walks of life, but everyone here shares the same passion: making bicycling a safe and fun way to get around for anyone in Greater Philadelphia. We work hard to improve bicycling for all people, but we do not lose sight of the fact that bicycling is fun.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Administrative Associate is primarily responsible for the maintenance of our Salesforce database and gift flow process. This position will support our regular mailing needs in conjunction with membership growth and retention, amongst others. Execution of these initiatives requires strong administrative and time management skills, as well as strength in data management. The ideal candidate is a well-organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful individual with strong task management skills who enjoys a workplace that is fast-paced and varied. You need not be a serious bicyclist, but you must embrace our mission that bicycling should be a safe and fun way for everyone to get around the Greater Philadelphia Area.
Data Maintenance & Development
- Input membership, donor, and volunteer contact information into our CRM; make routine information edits to keep the database up-to-date
- Database management including merging contact records, performing list queries, bulk uploading of data, event registrations, and cleanup projects
- Oversee gift flow process and prepare acknowledgement letters for members and donors regularly
- Prepare mailing lists, labels, and donor giving reports
- Support Marketing and Development Manager with database entry, data collection, and member file management
- Assist with all aspects of fundraising and event management, including outreach, event planning, and communications
Office Organization & Customer Service
- Monitor inventory of and order office supplies
- General reception duties
- Return inquiries from phone, email, and mail
- Create event registration forms and manage registrations
- General office support including mail merges and mailings
- Provide technical support for the organization’s software platforms and tools
- Assist with website management, page updates and job and calendar postings
- Support the Operations Director in reconciliation of data records as it relates to our online donation platforms and CRM database
- Generate metric outputs and analyze data for organizational impact tracking
- Support Membership tabling at events; be available for occasional weekend or after hour events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic understanding of BCGP’s mission, vision, values, programs and services, social media and strategic plan. Customer service including support to constituents in accordance with BCGP's values.
- Ability to effectively use and maintain standard office equipment (Mac OS and Printers).
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
- Fluency and ability to troubleshoot software programs including Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, email utilities, payment processors, and event management software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
- Majority of the time will be spent in an open office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Health Benefits, 401K option, bike benefit, vacation and PTO
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested Candidates should send a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in subject line “BCGP Administrative Associate” by no later than Wednesday, August 22nd at 5 PM.
*A background check will be required for persons working in the Coalition’s offices.
**Please no phone calls.
The Bicycle Coalition is committed to building a staff that matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and strongly encourages people of color to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.