Details: The salary will be commensurate with experience.
District of Columbia
Families USA, a national voice for health care consumers dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all, is seeking a Communications Associate to provide assistance across a variety of communications activities over the next six months. The Communications Associate will help execute a variety of coordinated strategies designed to help the organization reach its policy goals. The Communications Associate will report directly to the Director of Storytelling Initiatives. This position is a term-limited, contract position through March 31st 2019, with the potential for renewal or continuation.
The Communications Associate will primarily help contribute to the day-to-day operations of Families USA’s Communications Department, across our digital, editorial, media, and storytelling teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Draft communications copy including social media posts
- Assist in day-to-day administrative tasks for the communications team, may include: updating and maintaining the publications calendar, and preparing materials
- Work on coordinating communications activities and events
- Compile regular clip packs for distribution among Families USA staff
- Assist in organizational storytelling activities and story dissemination. Including, but not limited to outreach to new storytellers and drafting materials for Families USA publications
- Schedule, conduct, and fact-check interviews with story bank participants on issues related to their experience with the health care system
- Assist in communications activities leading up to and following our annual Health Action Conference in January 2019
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience preferred (experience with issue advocacy and campaigns is a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to juggle rapidly changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Understanding of social media strategy and analytics
- Experience utilizing content management and email marketing platforms, such as Buffer, Hootsuite, and Pardot
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and converse with storytellers on sensitive subjects while maintaining objectivity (experience with direct services is a plus)
- Knowledge of health policy issues preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new information and integrate into activities immediately
- A commitment to social justice and health equity
Families USA offers a generous benefits package including excellent health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance benefits and generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online via the link below. Families USA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified veterans and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.