1101 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
ABOUT THE POSITION:
340B Health has an immediate opening for a Legal and Policy Counsel at our growing non-profit health care trade association. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Legal and Advocacy.
The candidate will assist with regulatory, legal and legislative advocacy in the area of health policy and drug pricing, especially relating to the federal 340B discount drug program. This candidate will provide education to member hospitals on compliance and pharmacy operations, assist with drafting of regulatory and legislative advocacy materials, and provide critical input on research and policy developments.
- Prepare legal analyses and legislative and regulatory advocacy documents on issues related to the 340B program
- Draft comments on proposed guidance and regulations
- Draft letters and advocacy communications on proposed legislation or policy proposals
- Occasionally visit Capitol Hill or federal regulatory agencies on policy matters
- Track and evaluate legal and regulatory developments
- Provide technical assistance to member hospitals on compliance/operations issues
- Develop educational resources for members regarding legislative, regulatory, compliance, and operational matters
- Prepare and deliver presentations at conferences, webinars, regional roundtables, and other events
- Help develop programming for the organization’s two national annual conferences
- Participate in and contribute to 340B Coalition meetings and advocacy projects.
- Candidate should have at least three to four years of health policy experience.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree required.
- Candidate must have strong research, writing, analytical, and public speaking skills. Possess working knowledge of pharmaceutical policy, Medicare, Medicaid and hospital issues.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Some travel is required for conferences and regional roundtables.
required but must help staff our annual national conference in California. (Travel required for R
Level of Language Proficiency
Pay is commensurate with experience. 340B Health provides exceptional benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, Metro benefit, 401K plan, casual dress code, and generous leave time.
More information about 340B Health can be found at www.340BHealth.org. Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to resumes@340BHealth.org or fax them to the Administrator at 202-552-5868. Please state the starting date of your availability, your salary requirements, and how you learned about this position. No phone calls please.
340B Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required