Administration and Operations Coordinator
- Job posted by Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence (ATASK)
Details: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Summary: The Administration and Operations Coordinator will ensure that ATASK’s administrative, operational and support functions run efficiently and effectively.
Reports to: Co-Executive Director
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, with flexibility for evening and weekend events and activities.
ATASK’s mission is to prevent domestic violence in Asian families and communities and to provide hope to survivors. The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for survivors and their children and will work as a team member of ATASK to provide comprehensive services to the Pan-Asian and general community.
Operations and Office Management
· Manage the day-to-day operations of ATASK’s Boston office, where the administrative and development functions are also housed.
· Provide operational support to the Lowell and Shelter offices.
· Document and maintain administrative policies, procedures, and practices, and review and revise them as needed. Assure that policies and practices are understood by staff.
· Ensure that equipment is maintained in good working condition, including computers, copiers and phone systems. Serve as point person with vendors for equipment maintenance.
· Manage property maintenance of office(s), and serve as point person with landlord for any property issues.
· Contract new vendors as needed, to ensure organization’s needs are met efficiently and cost-effectively.
· Maintain working knowledge and inventory of ATASK’s IT equipment, including computers, copiers, and phone system. Document and maintain IT policies, procedures and practices.
· Assist staff in resolving technology issues, and contacting IT company as needed.
· Serve as point person with IT vendors and consultants.
· Manage process of selecting and purchasing new IT equipment as needed.
· Set up new computers, phones, office equipment and other technology, with support of IT vendors as needed.
· Assess IT training needs of staff and arrange training as needed.
· Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions.
· Make daily deposits for the organization.
· Manage and is custodian for Boston Office Petty Cash.
· Reconcile bank statements and credit cards.
· Assist Finance Director and Finance Manager with audit preparation.
· Organize timesheets for monthly billing.
· Manage enrollment for health insurance and other benefits.
· Manage benefits administration, including health and dental insurance, 401K plan, and short-term disability. Explore new benefits options as needed.
· Maintain communication with benefits vendors, keeping up to date with changes in benefits plans and compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
· Maintain knowledge of ATASK’s Employee Handbook and personnel policies, ensuring the organization’s compliance, and serve as a resource to staff who have questions. Update Employee Handbook with Co-Executive Directors as needed.
· Recruit, screen and prepare paperwork for new staff, including conducting CORI checks and degree verification. Provide orientation to ATASK’s systems, policies, practices, and benefits. Coordinate training with other Department Managers.
· Set up new hires/rehires in payroll system.
· Maintain and update personnel files, including but not limited to changes in benefits, CPR, first aid, driver’s license, etc.
· Organize and/or ensure performance reviews for staff.
· Update and disseminate staff list.
· Collect and review timesheets on bi-weekly basis for payroll.
· Provide back up to Finance Manager for processing bi-weekly payroll.
· Sort and distribute paystubs on a bi-weekly basis.
· Coordinate office events (such as holiday parties, potluck, etc.)
· Update and maintain donor data base and Constant Contact list.
· Generate donor acknowledgement and in-kind acknowledgment letters.
· Assist with event planning for ATASK’s annual gala and 5K, and other events as needed.
· Maintain list of government and foundation grants received and pending, including list of grant managers and due dates for submissions and reports. Research new foundations and grants.
· Assist Co-Executive Directors in preparing documents for grant submissions.
· Assist with production of Annual Report.
· Coordinate with Department Managers to identify volunteer needs for ATASK programs.
· Recruit volunteers for ATASK’s programs by posting opportunities on school websites and attending school fairs, corporate events, etc.
· Serve as point person for volunteer inquiries, and maintain volunteer files and applications.
Administration and Board of Directors
· Support Co-Executive Directors with Board work (preparing documents and reports for Board, maintaining Board list, minutes and files)
· Assist Co-Executive Directors with implementation of special projects, for example, Strategic Planning initiatives, research for grants, etc.
· Maintain corporate records.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong documentation skills
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to establish positive, personable, and professional relationships via email, phone, and in person.
· High level of proficiency with the internet and technology, including Microsoft Office 365. Experience with database, QuickBooks, and email marketing a plus.
· A solid work ethic and sense of initiative. Someone who leads by example and can work effectively and collaboratively in a creative and resourceful non-profit setting.
· Positive approach, can-do attitude, sense of humor, ability to be flexible, and grace under pressure. Strong problem-solving skills; ability to trouble-shoot and triage; not rigid or reactive under pressure. Responsibilities involve exposure to sensitive information, and the person in this role will need to
· Strong commitment to the mission and goals of ATASK, and committed to ending a culture of domestic violence.
· Be understanding, sensitive to, and have compassion for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, for LEP (limited-English-proficient) immigrant populations, and for folx of the LGBTQ+ community.
· CORI check required upon offer of hire.
ATASK is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women and LGBTQ+ community members to apply. It is ATASK’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender, genetic information, natural origin, disability, veteran status, or on basis of any other legally protected category.
Health and dental insurance, vacation, personal and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - fluent
Asian language - preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required