Details: This is a base salary plus commission position.
Camp Solomon Schechter is seeking a self-motivated and sales-oriented Retreat Center Coordinator to run the Stampfer Retreat Center at Camp Solomon Schechter. The position reports to the Director of Operations and will work with our board, staff, and volunteers to ensure the success of the retreat center program. The facility is located in Tumwater, WA, and has business offices on Mercer Island. The person in this position will balance their time between generating sales leads to grow the center’s business and ensuring customers have an incredible experience during their stay.
The Center’s mission is to provide a welcoming, safe, and fun camp environment, steeped in the values of integrity, respect, and equitable treatment. Our natural setting, open to all, is a unique and inspiring environment that promotes a sense of community and personal growth through art, culture, sports, and environmental education.
Centrally located in Olympia, Washington – an hour south of Seattle and two hours north of Portland – the Stampfer Retreat Center can host events large and small. From 60-person family weekends to 250-person community retreats, our excellent facility and food service have won over numerous organizations. Learn more at www.stampferretreatcenter.org.
- In consultation with the Retreat Center Committee, write and implement a business plan for the retreat center.
- Generate appropriate sales leads for the retreat center, which includes becoming very familiar with the limitations and restrictions included in our property tax exempt status.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain all paperwork related to retreat center business.
- Responsible for all communication with retreat center customers.
- Forge relationships with vendors to provide add-on services.
- Develop a pool of people certified to provide various add-on services, including lifeguards, teambuilding course facilitators, challenge course/climbing wall/zipline facilitators, archery teachers, camping/trail guides, and environmental educators – based on the business plan.
- Ensure exceptional customer service for all customers before, during, and after their time at the retreat center.
- Work with the Chef and Facilities Director to coordinate meals, housekeeping, and maintenance for the facility.
- Encourage all retreat center customers to fill out survey.
- Responsible for timely billing and collection of monies owed.
- In conjunction with summer camp staff:
- Provide the same exceptional level of customer care to our summer camp partners when they are customers of the retreat center; and
- Take a leadership role in summer camp weekends, aka, Shabbatons, that are scheduled periodically during the retreat center calendar.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hospitality industry
- A background in business development, sales, and marketing (preferred)
- Be action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative in approach to business planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines; excellent organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated, focused, resilient, goal-oriented, and results-driven
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, and customers
- Ability to work in a team setting and willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and/or familiarity with the Pacific Northwest Jewish community, desired
This position is full-time (base salary with commission) with benefits (health, sick, and vacation).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those whose applications being considered will be contacted.
Camp Solomon Schechter is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, age, political ideology, national or ethnic origin, disability, actual or perceived medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.