Details: Eligible for bonus
330 John Carlyle Street
Who we are:
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM), a professional membership association which represents a consortium of five academically focused specialty organizations within departments of internal medicine at medical schools and teaching hospitals, has an opening for a Research and Project Assistant in the Education and Research department. Located in the Old Town section of Alexandria, AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines. To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.im.org
What this job is about:
The Research and Project Assistant is responsible for addressing issues related to undergraduate medical education (UME) and graduate medical education (GME). The team also oversees survey research on these topics.
· Support a small team of managers in their facilitation of volunteer committees (e.g. draft agendas, compile background material, schedule conference calls and virtual meetings). These volunteer groups develop member resources (e.g., tools, position papers, summits, surveys, and manuscripts, etc.) and monitor/respond to stakeholder requests.
· Assist the managers with ancillary technical functions including: monitoring survey response rates; quality control-checking data tables; basic data file cleaning; data retrieval/analysis; and literature searches.
· Provide administrative support upon request.
What is required for this job:
· Minimum two years of experience preferably in an association environment.
· High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Effectively work with committee leaders, scheduling calls and meetings, and taking minutes.
· Foster and build relationships within all levels of the organization.
· Organized, self-directed, detail and deadline oriented.
· Adapt quickly to new information, requirements, and priorities.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Ability to travel up to 10 days per year to staff meetings and conferences.
· Intermediate proficiency using MS Office required. General association membership database experience a plus.
· Basic familiarity with quantitative data analysis.
· Proficiency of survey software a plus (e.g. Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, and other survey platforms).
What you will get out of it:
· Develop your project management, communication, and budgeting skills
· Insight into academic internal medicine
· Work with committed and dedicated professionals in a collaborative and high performing environment
· Professional development opportunities to grow your career
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, onsite discounted parking, and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required