The Family Center is seeking a dedicated professional with strong analytical skills to deliver the Family Connections intervention to Brooklyn families. Family Connections is a multi-faceted community-based program that works with vulnerable families, in their homes, to help them meet the basic needs of their children to prevent child maltreatment and achieve safety, well-being, and permanency outcomes. The Case Planner reports to the Program Supervisor.
· Strict adherence to the Family Connections Model
· Complete comprehensive assessments to identify the strengths & needs of all family members
· Utilize various clinical assessment tools to aide in the creation of outcome driven service plans that reinforces safety for children & reduces or eliminates risk
· Maintain weekly face to face contact with the family in the home/community/office in accordance with program contract
· Provide weekly individual and/or family counseling sessions to a caseload of 10 families in Brooklyn.
· Educate family on how behavior/conditions are impacting family functioning
· Provide case work counseling that continually assesses the family, the family’s level of engagement in services, the degree of behavior change in relation to safety/risk factors that prompted the PPRS referral & the level of in home family functioning & stability.
· Complete safety and risk assessments in accordance with ACS Contract mandates & FC Model
· Actively participate in Family Team Conferences, weekly supervision, weekly team/staff meetings and in-service training
· Maintain case record of all case management activities for all 10 families on caseload
· Maintain collaborative relationships with ACS Field offices and other community partner organizations to ensure that families receive appropriate referral and linkages to other service providers.
· Ensure entries into CONNECTIONS & PROMIS are up-to-date, accurate and submitted within expected time frames
· Prepare all assessments (FASP’s, Plan amendments, CFA, Service Plan, EOC), & progress notes, in a clear and effective manner, in accordance with agency protocol & within established time frames.
· Maintain compliance with Agency Protocols and ACS Contract
· Work effectively in a team environment and independently in the field, taking responsibility for agency assigned devices such as laptops and cell phones.
· Utilize individual and unit data collected by the city, state, federal, FC Model Fidelity and agency data in order to measure/monitor performance and ensure that all outcomes are being met.
· Follow supervisory directives
· Other duties as assigned
· Applicant must have a BSW or a Bachelor’s Degree in human services field & post BA experience working with families and children.
· Some knowledge of child welfare systems & counseling experience with children & families
· Experience working within an evidence based model, as strong plus
· Computer literate & have strong verbal & written communication skills.
· Flexibility in schedule & be highly organized
Bilingual Spanish & English a plus
Medical & Dental Insurance, Transitchek Program, 403(b), Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Four Week's Annual Leave, Long Term Disability
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish & English a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the words "Case Planner,” in the subject line of the e-mail.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.