4950 Murphy Canyon Road
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Education Director
REPORTS TO: Education Director
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervise the work of contractor, per-diem trainers, and interns or volunteers as assigned.
LOCATION: San Diego
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
ADL is a leading anti-hate organization. Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of anti-Semitism and bigotry, its timeless mission is to protect the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment for all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. ADL is the first call when acts of anti-Semitism occur. A global leader in exposing extremism, delivering anti-bias education, and fighting hate online, ADL’s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.
Assist in overseeing all aspects of regional educational programs including, A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute, No Place for Hate® related education initiatives. Coordinate, adapt and deliver training programs and design educational anti-bias initiatives and programs tailored to regional communities. Implement and assist with education fundraising efforts. Staff and facilitate the regional Education Advisory Committee and/or lay leader engagement with educational programs.
- Market, coordinate and implement anti-bias programs and initiatives for regional educational institutions and other organizations. Coordinate regional special events and projects including program launches, campaigns, and conferences.
- Assist with data management and evaluation efforts.
- Provide ongoing consultation and support to schools and community organizations, including attendance at meetings and special events.
- Attend, participate, and provide staff support in lay-led task forces and committees such as the Education Advisory Committee and ADL Regional Board meetings.
- Complete necessary administrative tasks, including education database entries, expense tracking, document preparation and review, and required record-keeping.
- Implement related ADL education programs and projects, as assigned, tailoring them to fit the region’s educational needswithin ADL’s pedagogical standards and frameworks. May personally conduct some training sessions and workshops.
- Assist in solicitations and other fundraising efforts to support local education programs and services as well as generating fee-for-service revenue.
- Provide assistance to regional staff on other education programs, special projects and events.
- Represent the local and national office at external conferences, seminars and meetings. May prepare and deliver speeches, write local press releases and respond to media inquiries.
- Work with regional staff to respond to discrimination complaints, anti-Semitic incidents and other civil rights issues that arise in educational settings.
- Support fundraising events as able
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills and comfort with public speaking and recruiting new clients.Strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to differentiate between different education modalities.
- Effective public speaking skills.
- Experience with educational systems and practices.
- Understanding of anti-bias and diversity issues.
- Computer skills, including word processing, presentation software and database management.
- Bilingual or multilingual language skills a plus.
2-3 years of progressively responsible community service experience including education program management experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Education/Training or equivalent work experience.
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to represent ADL, conduct training sessions and attend community events. Some travel within the region is required. In some regions this may represent up to 20% of time.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local legislation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume by following the link above