Position: Senior Manager, Funder Engagement
Duty Station: Montpellier, France or a capital in another European country
Closing Date for Applications: 29 July 2018
We are looking for a highly-skilled individual to fill the exciting position of Senior Manager, Funder Engagement of the CGIAR’s System Organization Funder & External Engagement unit. This position offers a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the world’s largest global agricultural innovation network and contribute to a world free of poverty, hunger and environmental degradation.
Who We Are
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
Established in 2016, the CGIAR System Organization provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity. Please find more information about CGIAR at www.cgiar.org.
Summary of the Position
This position serves as the relationship manager for a portfolio of CGIAR funders, as well as project manager on a number of key funder and resource mobilization initiatives.
As a key member of the Funder and External Engagement team, the role manages the following key areas:
- strategically grow CGIAR System funding
- increase the predictability and consistency of CGIAR System funding
- represent CGIAR and CGIAR Research Programs in public fora
- identify and leverage strategic communication opportunities within key funder markets
Qualifications, Experience & Competences
To apply for this position, the ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications, experience, and competencies:
- Advanced university degree in marketing, economics or business administration
- 10 years’ experience in similar or equivalent positions; managing and developing funding modalities and international relations
- Practical experience in knowledge sharing, communication and stakeholder engagement and outreach, preferably in an international or multi-faceted environment
- Politically astute with strong negotiation and strong relationship building skills
- Good proficiency in the use of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and CV in English and as separate attachments to SMO-HR@cgiar.org; ensuring that neither document contains your marital status, age and photograph.
Note: All received applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The selected candidate will be employed by the CGIAR System Organization. Appointments are typically for a fixed term of 3 years, with a possibility of renewal subject to the System Organization’s needs and funding.
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with a favorable taxation arrangement, and comprehensive employee benefits comprising extensive insurance coverage, a retirement plan and relocation support where applicable.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Gravitas in communication at all levels and excellent written reporting skills in English
- Intermediate knowledge of a second language is desirable.
Minimum Education Required