- Responsible for ensuring safety on pool trips for all campers and camp staff
- Supervise aquatics staff, campers and camp staff in and out of pool on pool trips.
- Ensure that all activity remains safe in and out of the pool.
- Conduct buddy checks on the pool deck every15 minutes.
- Perform rescue and administer emergency care in the case of an emergency.
- Train aquatics staff on “lost swimmer plan”, as per NYC Department of health regulations.
- Will make arrangements with individual camp directors about traveling plans, will either travel with camp groups or meet camp groups at Sunset park Pool.
- SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Have one season of previous experience as a camp aquatics director at a New York State children’s camp; or have two seasons of previous experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children’s camp lifeguard at a swimming pool or bathing beach which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time; or have 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard, at a swimming pool or bathing beach which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time.
- Complete a training course in Lifeguard Supervision and Management.
- Possess a CPR training Certificate issued within a year.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Must engage with aquatics staff, campers and camp staff in a respectful way.
- In addition, employees need to possess the following characteristics:
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
Please email resume to: Jreimer@cflsp.org
: Direct Service Worker
: New York-Brooklyn-Sunset Park
Minimum Education Required