Details: Commensurate with experience
101 Station Landing
UNITE HERE is seeking a Data Organizer to work closely with union organizers and members within a local union on data management and analysis that will strengthen organizing campaigns. Train local staff on data management and analysis. Work with lead data organizer and other data organizers across the country to share skills and tactics.
UNITE HERE Local 26 represents over 10,000 hospitality workers in Boston and Rhode Island. Our members cook, clean and serve guests at many of the finest hotels, casinos, schools, universities, stadiums, and convention centers in New England.
(www.unitehere.org) UNITE HERE is a progressive labor union, fighting for dignity, living wages and affordable health care for low wage hospitality workers. Our 270,000 members work primarily in hotels, food service, casinos and gaming. Through organizing and winning good contracts, UNITE HERE members have made hundreds of thousands of traditionally low-wage jobs into good, family-sustaining, middle class jobs. UNITE HERE boasts a diverse membership - largely Latino and Asian immigrants and African Americans – with a majority being women.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Design and produce reports on organizing status, such as number of members contacted
- Compile disparate data sets into meaningful forms such Pivot Tables or integrated lists
- Work to systematize processes that improve data quality.
- Train local union staff on use of database software.
- Assess software needs and set goals for planned software transition.
- Assist local union in any other activities to support organizing campaigns as needed.
- Either a year experience in social justice work (paid or volunteer) OR one year exprience in office or data work (paid or volunteer).
- Skilled in building relationships and working with others to achieve goals.
- Ability to develop and proof training materials.
- Experience leading collaborative projects.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Must possess good presentation skills and demonstrated ability to teach others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; at least basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and willingness to learn more.
- Experience with CRM databases preferred.
- Dedication to social and economic justice and to building a strong labor movement.
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours during times of critical campaign need.
- Ability and willingness to travel; Driver’s license and willingness to drive
- Bi-lingual Spanish / English preferred.
Excellent free health insurance, paid time off and retirement benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: http://jobs.unitehere.org
Be prepared to upload your resume, cover letter, and three references.