RepresentUs is hiring a Digital Campaign Manager to refine and execute a digital strategy that dramatically expands our reach and helps us win anti-corruption victories at the ballot this November.
Reporting to the Digital Director, the Digital Campaign Manager (DCM) oversees the production, coordination, curation, and distribution of communications across all digital platforms for multiple in-state anti-corruption campaigns. Based on the needs of each state, the DCM will draft digital strategy and messaging plans to assist each campaign in reaching its goals. The DCM will develop and implement an online communication plan to increase social media contacts, grow volunteer list and engagement, support voter contact efforts, and improve conversions from online to offline actions.
Our ideal candidate is that rare combination of creative, strategic, and disciplined. You know the rules and know when to break them. You’re an accomplished manager of both people and projects – someone with proven experience in developing and running ambitious campaigns at scale that reach and exceed their goals. You’re a good team player who’s ready to make a major impact. Oh, and you’re an excellent writer.
We’re looking for the DCM to start ASAP and end on or around November 16th, 2018. This is a temporary, non-benefited position.
- Provide strategic direction, management, and tools to digital staff and consultants of affiliated campaigns to ensure the development of sound and measurable digital communications goals and tactics.
- Provide creativity, innovation, and leadership for online communications. Oversee all digital editorial content creation and coordinate with campaigns to achieve maximum engagement and impact.
- Manage, maintain, and grow multiple campaign email lists and social networks.
- Develop online strategies and content plans to reach persuadable voters, and convert supportive voters into volunteers and/or donors.
- Plan and execute online media campaigns and advertising buys. Ensure consistency of messages and brand identity. Track return on investment of online media buys.
- Advise development of offline collateral materials to support digital campaigns.
Our new Digital Campaign Manager will thrive in a self-directed and casual work environment – but know exactly when it’s time to put your nose to the grindstone and get the job done. You’ll be an excellent writer and verbal communicator, have experience managing people and projects, and understand work-hard, play-hard culture.
5-10 years experience (preferred but not mandatory) running digital campaigns for political, advocacy, or for-profit institutions with a proven track record in the following areas:
- Mastery of the wild world of SEO/SEM, digital advertising, digital advocacy, ‘growth-hacking,’ social media advertising, and movement-building
- Developing smart digital strategies to further the goals of a political campaign
- Overseeing and executing digital projects and/or programs
- Writing and editing compelling content for diverse audiences
- Working with political campaigns
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and shifting circumstances, and still have a good time
- Dramatically increasing donations, volunteer signups, sales, or other metrics
Finally, you should have a strong desire to fix our broken democracy, have a great attitude, and embrace working in a cross-partisan organization.
Please email a letter of interest, resume or portfolio, and 2-3 writing or social media samples you think best exemplify your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Campaign Manager.” Telecommuting is not accommodated at this time. No phone calls please.
RepresentUs is the nation’s largest grassroots anti-corruption campaign. We bring conservatives and progressives together to fix America’s corrupt political system.
Our small team is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and know when it’s time to celebrate a Wednesday afternoon with root beer floats. We constantly push ourselves to push the envelope – to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, FOX, CBS, and hundreds of other national and local media outlets.
RepresentUs is based in Northampton, MA, and has satellite offices in San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. Come work with us!
Minimum Education Required