Development and Finance Manager at NYU Furman Center
- Job posted by NYU Furman Center for Real Estate and Urban Policy
Position Description: The Development and Finance Manager is responsible for budgeting, financial management, pre- and post-award grants management, and corporate, individual, and advisory board fundraising support at the NYU Furman Center. The Manager also plays an important strategic role at the Center, helping to set fundraising goals and developing, implementing, and managing strategies to meet those goals. The position reports to the Executive Director. Specific responsibilities include:
Pre- and Post-Award Grants Management
- Assist faculty directors with developing and implementing fundraising strategy, including identifying and researching opportunities for private, individual, and government grant opportunities that align with Furman Center needs and strategy.
- Develop components of grant applications and letters of inquiry, conforming to sponsor and University requirements and guidelines.
- Coordinate grant application process within the Furman Center and with other University offices; track submissions in Salesforce and Cayuse; and coordinate follow-up with funders and prospects. Coordinate responses to inquiries and, for successful requests, assist with the contracting process and project set up.
- Monitor and track fiscal and programmatic reporting requirements. Provide support for reporting in conjunction with Furman Center and University staff.
Budgeting and Overall Financial Management
- Under guidance of executive and faculty directors, develop annual Furman Center operating budget as well as individual project and proposal budgets.
- Update and monitor budget throughout the year and develop fundraising goals and resource allocation plans with Center directors.
- Manage Center spending, in collaboration with NYU Law School and University central staff, including procurement, staffing, and research project-specific salary allocations.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing and other matters to promote the fiscal health of the Furman Center. Set up and monitor sub-contracts, consulting agreements, and purchase orders as necessary.
Other Fundraising and Development Support
- Support Center directors in monitoring board engagement, communications, and invoicing/tracking of annual contributions.
- Oversee annual corporate sponsorship campaign, including researching prospects, drafting messages and proposals, tracking and invoicing contributions, and communicating with sponsors.
- Assist directors with research and stewardship of individual prospects and donors, including drafting correspondence and request letters.
Other Managerial Responsibilities
- Supervise development/operations research assistant(s) as needed.
- Work with the data team and faculty to steward data use agreements and MOUs through university review and approval process.
- With other full-time staff at the Center, help maintain internal systems and programming to build a positive culture and work experience for the team.
- Assist with other special projects as required.
Qualifications: We are looking for candidates with a proven track record in grant management, financial analysis, and budgeting, very strong writing and communications skills, and impeccable attention to detail. The candidate should have at least three to five years of relevant experience. The candidate should have familiarity with federal regulatory compliance requirements and submission of proposals using electronic research sources, as well as an ability to work well independently and in a group under strict deadlines. Experience with Cayuse, Salesforce, and NYU’s UDWW+ financial reporting system highly preferred. We are looking for a team player who brings creativity, initiative, and an interest in learning about cities, public policy, and housing.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The position comes with a salary and a generous array of benefits, which include medical, dental, and vision. Further information regarding benefits can be found here: http://www.nyu.edu/employees/benefit/full-time/Professional-Research-Staff-Code-103.html.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, three references, graduate school transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable), and writing sample. Send application materials and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development and Finance Manager” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately. Only candidates of interest will be contacted.