100 W 10th Street
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. We also prepare individuals for careers through our workforce development and education programs (ITWorks, CXWorks, and PunchCode). www.techimpact.org, www.itworks.org, www.cxworks.org, www.punchcode.org
The Grants Manager reports to the Development Director. Primary responsibilities are corporate, foundation, and government grant writing and administration, outcomes tracking and reporting, and research. This individual will also provide support to the Development Team for annual appeals, donation tracking and acknowledgement, and the annual major fundraising event.
This position is located primarily in our Wilmington, Delaware office, with regular travel to our headquarters and program site in Philadelphia, and some local or regional travel as needed to support our programs and events.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Responsibilities
· Manage the grants and reports calendars to ensure all deadlines are met.
· Prepare corporate, foundation, and government grant applications and reports.
· Track data and supporting documentation for grants, include maintenance of accurate data in a CRM (Salesforce), and hardcopy and electronic documentation, as required.
· Research funding opportunities at the local, state, and national levels.
· Prepare grant and donation acknowledgements and other correspondence.
· Assist with the annual appeal.
· Provide support for the annual luncheon fundraising event.
· Assist with special projects as needed.
· 3 to 5 years of experience working at a nonprofit organization in a fundraising capacity is required.
· 3+ years of grant writing, administration, and reporting experience is required.
· Excellent technical and persuasive writing skills and oral communication skills are required.
· Experience with funder and donor research is required.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word and Excel, and some experience with CRM databases, such as Salesforce, is required.
· The ability to think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy is required. This individual should be organized and detail-oriented, energetic, team-oriented, and results-oriented.
· The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and familiarity with the government grants landscape, including Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding, as well as workforce development trends and best practices.
· A strong knowledge of nonprofit accounting and budgeting is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job) – must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
We offer a generous benefits package!
Minimum Education Required