Manager, Medical Case Management, LMSW/LCSW
- Job posted by Callen-Lorde Community Health Center of New York City
356 West 18th Street
Callen-Lorde is the global leader in LGBTQ healthcare. We provide sensitive, quality health care and related services to the LGBTQ communities - in all their diversity - regardless of ability to pay. We are also pioneers in research, advocacy and education around LGBTQ health.
We are seeking a dedicated, individual to join our staff as the Manager of the Care Coordination (Case Management) department. The Manager oversees several case management services for the full spectrum of Callen-Lorde’s patient population. The Manager will work in collaboration with medical providers, nursing, and behavioral health staff to ensure that the full continuum of care for our patients are identified, implemented and monitored. The Manager will support the Director of Care Coordination in providing administrative and programmatic support to all Care Coordination programs, including budgeting, reporting, chart reviews, and will serve as a liaison with grantors.
Callen-Lorde’s main site in Chelsea is open Monday through Saturday. This is a full-time position that will require morning, daytime and evening shifts. Occasional weekends may be required. Salary will be based on experience and will be accompanied by an excellent benefits package including an exceptional no cost medical plan option for you and your family, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance, TransitChek, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan.
- Licensed Master of Social Work Degree (LMSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) preferred. Related Master’s degree and/or 5 + years of significant and relevant work history will be considered.
- Prior experience supervising case management staff and performance-based grant contract monitoring required (Ryan White preferred).
- A minimum of 2 years experience in providing direct service case management/ treatment adherence services to target populations including, patients of transgender experience, lesbians, communities of color, MSM, and/or those living with HIV.
- Prior experience in an outpatient health care setting desired.
- Extensive knowledge of public assistance, social services and related entitlement programs.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations within a team-based structure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy required.
- Commitment to the mission of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center.
Exceptional no cost medical plan option for you and your family, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance, TransitChek, a generous paid time off plan, and a 403B retirement savings plan.
Minimum Education Required