Details: Salary is commensurate with experience. Fairtrade America offers a strong benefits package.
District of Columbia
Fairtrade is a global movement for change in the United States. Fairtrade America works directly with companies, consumers and campaigners to secure a better deal for farmers and workers who grow products we love like coffee, cocoa and bananas. We believe change comes from building meaningful partnerships from the farm to the business to you. By working together, we can do more for communities around the world.
This position takes on various aspects of accounting, human resources, office management and administration tasks. Position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration and provides additional support to the Executive Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Bookkeeping functions related to accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Assist with Concur management and importing/exporting data
· Reconcile monthly credit card statements
· Deposit receipts
· Post job ads and assist in onboarding of new employees and interns
· Manage employee scheduling and staff benefits
· Create a welcoming work environment and spearhead social activities
· Collaborate on internal procedures and policies
Office Management & Administration:
· Ensure team has supplies they need to perform
· Coordinate various office wide responsibilities to include events such as internal and external meetings
· Be the first point of contact for clients and supporters via phone, email and in person
· Manage RingCentral VoIP System
· Assist the Executive Director to coordinate travel and file expense reports
· Assist in managing the Board
· Fix issues as they arise with the facilities as well as office equipment and be the liaison to IT consultant.
· Maintain SharePoint software
Position may require work on holidays, evenings or weekends mainly around trade show or events and compensatory time may be offered. There may be travel and other duties or responsibilities assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
· B.A. or B.S. in business, accounting, human resources or another related field
· 3+ years’ work experience in administration, operations, human resources, and/or finance
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage time and work independently
· Ability to quickly shift from one task to another without sacrificing attention to detail or to follow up
· Proactive-thinker who can take initiative and anticipate obstacles
· Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively with others
· Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new software/tools
· Excellent oral and written communications
· High personal integrity and honesty
· Sage 50, Concur, SharePoint and RingCentral experience are considered assets
What We Value:
Action - We get the right things done promptly and effectively to deliver services to achieve maximum impact for
people and communities.
Integrity - We nurture and promote fairness and equality in global trade by being open, trustworthy and transparent
in our work.
Respect - We treat everyone with equality, respect and understanding.
Challenge - We strive to increase the impact of our work, going beyond expectations to set the agenda for rights in
Optimism – We believe we can make lives better and explore opportunities for working together to make long term improvements
A strong benefits package is offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply send salary expectations, resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.